Pulled the trigger - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Pulled the trigger within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When you got your tires, did they transfer the Tire Pressure Monitoring System? I wonder if they somehow screwed that ...

When you got your tires, did they transfer the Tire Pressure Monitoring System? I wonder if they somehow screwed that up in the process. Electronics are very complicated these days... I would have the dealer take a look-see.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Especially with new cars...ECUs are still learning (partial reason for break in periods). Keep that in mind. Perhaps if its still running a little rough, reset the ECU (unhook battery and pump breaks a few times, or leave unplugged overnight) and have it relearn again over the driving of the next few days and don't quick start

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your pickup!

(PS...bushings and short shifter will make for a nice quick shift and a nice "locked in" feeling when shifting )
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

ABS Light

The tire installer just put on tires over the factory wheels so I don't think they had to mess with the Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors, or any other sensors (at least they shouldn't have). But I'll definitely mention that to the dealer and have them look at it.
    Foggy200 I will let you know how things go, I should be dropping off my car either tomorrow or Thursday.

I hope it's the ECU learning thing, if the dealer cannot figure it out and say it's fine I'll probably try that.
    Btw, what is quick starting, just driving the car immediately after it's been started? How long do you usually wait?
    I also have been told on older turbo model cars you need to wait a few seconds after parking to turn off the car in order to allow the turbo to stop spinning (so it doesn't spin while no oil is being pumped through). Does that matter for the WRX? I've been waiting like 5s just in case, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks for all your help so far.

I have a 2010 wrx too and im from chicago. I had that happen to me too when they discount tires switch my tire to all season and it was -2 degrees out. When i was in the light and ready to go my ABS,T/C, Hill descent lights went on all i did was turn it off for couple minutes and it reset itself so far no problem and i have 3K miles on mine. Let me know what dealer say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_orange View Post
    The day following the installation of my winter tires I went on a day ski trip. It was super cold out (was literally 0 deg F), but the car had been driving on the highway for ~100 miles, so I expect that the engine and other components were warmed up.

After getting off the highway, I stopped at a light. When doing so, I noticed that the brake pedal moved into the floor quite a bit more than usual (2-3" I guess?). After stopping, the ABS, T/C, and Hill Descent warning lights all came on.

We stopped and ate, I was pissed, then when we left and I turned the car back on the warning lights came off.

It's my understanding that these systems are all linked to the ABS, so I guess it makes sense that something wrong in the ABS system would trip off the T/C and Hill Descent. What I was wondering is if something with either:
    a) the installation of the winter tires, or
    b) the cold weather
    could affect the ABS system and cause the warning light to come on. Has anyone ever heard of or seen this? The car is a 2010, and this happened when the odometer was at ~900 miles.

Since I just put on 1000 miles it's time for the break-in oil change, I definitely plan on having this check on at the dealer this week.

That initial idle issue you experienced after restarting sounds similar to the "rev hang" that some of the 09 owners (including myself) experience on a semi-regular basis. Usually at a light or stop-and-go traffic the revs will kind of stick at 2k with the clutch in or in neutral, just for a few seconds.

I have no input on the dashboard christmas tree though; sorry.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.