New to the WRX world

This is a discussion on New to the WRX world within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all I am now the owner of a 2007 wrx. Gotta say its the best car i have ever ...

New to the WRX world

Hey all I am now the owner of a 2007 wrx. Gotta say its the best car i have ever owned. Just got a quick noob question. I was looking to to modding it and thought starting with an AP would be a good start. Now the question. Who should i get the AP through cause it seems some dealers offer there own tunes for it? I was looking into either crawford as a stage 1 kit or there is another company who's name eludes me right now(brain fart) that also has a stage 1 kit with there tunes on it. Open to all advise, cause like it say I am very new to my wrx, have own lot's of honda, but though a wrx would be a better upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hello, and welcome! I think this is the first new-person-sayin-hai-thread where the first mod wanted is the correct one. Most people want BOV's or TBE's w/out EM. I don't personally use a accessport for my EM, but if i did I'de go with cobb maps. Also I don't trust crawford for ****.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Ok. Yeah, like i said I have been around honda's and laugh at half of them going down the raod cause of stuff like that. I can say that I at one time didn't know what i know now. Is there another setup like the AP that I do not know about that i should be looking at. The only reason I know the AP is I have a friend with an 02 wrx and he runs it in his car. I am just wondering cause like the title says new.
    Bone stock 2007 WRX TR

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    dont buy any kits or performance packages. huge waste of money.

if you want to buy the AP, that's fine but do your own shopping for an exhaust. you can buy high quality used ones from the classified sections on here or nasioc.com

before modding at all though, i'd learn more about your car.

read this:

Yes, you need an EM for engine mods

&

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC
    this.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome and congrats on teh scooby purchase
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Thanks for the info guys. I think i am just going to start with an AP cause the closes subaru tuner is about 3-4 hours away. If i feel the need to have a dyno tune done then i could always sell the AP to someone in the same boat. Thanks again guys.
    Bone stock 2007 WRX TR