Hey guys had a few questionss
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hey guys had a few questionss within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay so im planning on getting an 04 wrx, considering my budget of about 12k sti's are too expensive for ...

Hey guys had a few questionss

Okay so im planning on getting an 04 wrx, considering my budget of about 12k sti's are too expensive for a 17 year old. Anyway the first things im probably gonna do is stage 2, accessport and TBE. ive read switching to Walbro 255 fuel pump is pretty popular but no too sure. any other suggestions on what else to do? btw where can i get the sti fog light covers? and would it cost alot to switch my tmic to the sti? and benefits? and how expensive would it be to get a used set of brembo calipers? thanks for the help guyys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe there is a couple of sets of Brembo Calipers on EBay and Honestly I recommend doing the Accessport on Stage on first, learn to drive a car with forced induction first its not the same as driving a car that is N/A and plus its more rewarding to move in stages instead of going balls deep into it just at first. And the STi TMIC's from what I know are basically the same they just have the STi emblem on them, the new GR body style STi's don't even have the emblem paint on them anymore. Secondly if you do the Brembo swap your going to need some wheels that have a 48mm offset do to the overly giant size of the calipers and rotors. And a Walbro 255lph isnt necessary due to the fact that you will still be running under stock boost parameters. A fuel pump is usually used in conjunction with larger fuel injectors. I hope that some of this can point you into the right direction, welcome to the world of forced induction and AWD.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue04Scooby View Post
    I believe there is a couple of sets of Brembo Calipers on EBay and Honestly I recommend doing the Accessport on Stage on first, learn to drive a car with forced induction first its not the same as driving a car that is N/A and plus its more rewarding to move in stages instead of going balls deep into it just at first. And the STi TMIC's from what I know are basically the same they just have the STi emblem on them, the new GR body style STi's don't even have the emblem paint on them anymore. Secondly if you do the Brembo swap your going to need some wheels that have a 48mm offset do to the overly giant size of the calipers and rotors. And a Walbro 255lph isnt necessary due to the fact that you will still be running under stock boost parameters. A fuel pump is usually used in conjunction with larger fuel injectors. I hope that some of this can point you into the right direction, welcome to the world of forced induction and AWD.

STI intercooler ≠ WRX intercooler

And offset doesn't decide what brakes will fit. STI wheels are +53 and +55mm offset. It's all in the design of the wheel.

My advice. Don't buy stuff without researching heavily and don't buy anything you don't know what it does.
    Last edited by brfatal; 12-06-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    STI intercooler ≠ WRX intercooler

And offset doesn't decide what brakes will fit. STI wheels are +53 and +55mm offset. It's all in the design of the wheel.

My advice. Don't buy stuff without researching heavily and don't buy anything you don't know what it does.

Agreed on the research part of things the search button is your friend. And the offset is important to the size of the brakes. If he is going to play to use the Brembo Brake Calipers and STi wheels are sure as not 55mm offset thats impossible especially when the aftermarket wheels for sti's are sold with a 48mm offset click the rota wheels link Rota Torque - Wheels
    Last edited by Blue04Scooby; 12-06-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: needed revision

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    and STi wheels are sure as not 55mm offset thats impossible especially when the aftermarket wheels for sti's are sold with a 48mm offset click the rota wheels link Rota Torque - Wheels
    I regret to inform you that you are mistaken. What Rota offers is irrelevant.

These are GR STI wheels. GD STI wheels are +53, and I'm sure you can find this out with freely available information on the web or if need be an STI owner can post a picture of the back of their stock wheels.

I regret to inform you that you are mistaken. What Rota offers is irrelevant.

These are GR STI wheels. GD STI wheels are +53, and I'm sure you can find this out with freely available information on the web or if need be an STI owner can post a picture of the back of their stock wheels.

Hang on then let me go into my basement jack my STi up pull my wheel off and look at the back of it because I would like to get into a pissing match with you about offsets when I was just trying to give this nice fellow some pointers I was hoping when I joined this forum that when I posted something I wasnt going to have {EDITED} insulting me come on man we drive subaru's not Mitsubishi's. Only EVO owners know how to be {EDITED}
    Last edited by SD_GR; 12-07-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Personal insults are not allowed

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Huh? All I did was correct you. The OP asked for advice and I just wanted to make sure that the advice he got was right. I never insulted you and I never bashed you.

Huh? All I did was correct you. The OP asked for advice and I just wanted to make sure that the advice he got was right. I never insulted you and I never bashed you.

Look I came from IWSTI.com where if you saw that something was listed for sale vehicle specific for your car it was right no ifs ands or buts about it trust me I learned the hard way i was insulted bashed and beaten to the point of being afraid to post on there anymore I understand to you in all honesty yes the STOCK wheel is a 55 offset but some wheel manufacturer companies make there wheels differently so maybe rota requires us to use a 48mm offset I was just using that wheel as a euphemism to explain my case at hand that STi offsets were 48mm if he were to put aftermarket wheels on if it were to be stock bbs wheels then thats a different story. In all I think it would be pointless for him to spend the money on the sti brake conversion by the time he buys the car and puts all this money into it he could have had a nice used sti for about the same amount of money

learn to drive a car with forced induction first its not the same as driving a car that is N/A
    i learned to drive manual in a speed3

Kay Guys so here the run down He is selling the car with out these part except the fuel management system. He is returning everything else back to stock, are there things I should be worried about with the mods he has done to the car? Here's the list

All parts/mods have less than 5k miles on them
    Engine
    Stock Internals
    Godspeed 16G turbo
    Blitz 525cc Injectors
    Blitz Iridium Spec 77 plugs
    Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
    AEM Cold Air Intake
    Gruppe-S Unequal length header
    Helix Uppipe
    Greddy Comp Ti-C turbo back exhaust
    Mishimoto Radiator
    Dynojet CMD Fuel Management
    Grounding Kit

Suspension
    B+G Coilover System
    Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
    Whiteline RCA (Roll Center Adjuster)
    Cobb Adjustable Sway Bars
    SPT Camber Bolts -2.0 deg front and -1.5 deg rear
    Energy suspension bushing kit (not installed)

Wheels
    18" Buddy Club SF Challenge wheels - Black
    Hankook V12 Tires w/ 75% + tread left

Exterior
    OEM PSM Side Skirts
    Sti PSM Splitters
    Sti Style ABS front lip
    Wingless PSM trunk - debadged

Interior
    Blitz SBC i-Color boost controller
    Blitz RVIT Type 1 port reader
    Blitz DTT turbo timer
    Aspec products shift knob
    Sti Short Shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    Just a reminder: personal insults are not allowed on the forum. Dodging the swear filter is also not allowed (though in Off Topic it can be tolerated on occasion and depending on the context; however, it is not tolerated in the context of a personal insult, and this is not Off Topic). Let's keep it friendly.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

That's a lot of work to un-do before selling the car. I would be cautious just because the seller was very likely racing. You don't put that much money into modifying a car unless you plan on running it pretty hard. Another thing is, that's quite an investment that he is giving up on, why is he selling it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Gancherov View Post
    That's a lot of work to un-do before selling the car. I would be cautious just because the seller was very likely racing. You don't put that much money into modifying a car unless you plan on running it pretty hard. Another thing is, that's quite an investment that he is giving up on, why is he selling it in the first place?
    +1 agreed track miles are much more abusive miles than daily driven miles interested in the reason for selling especially with the list of mods is a must you don't want in inherit someone elses problems it only makes for a nightmare of constant repairs

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you need to run very far away from that car.

w/ being 17 on a budget the last thing you want is someones extremely-modified/molested & then brough back to stock WRX

keep searching and get the newest, low mileage, stock WRX you can possibly afford.

if you cant find one, unfortunately you should look into a different vehicle. you wouldnt want to force yourself into a car that can potentially be a financial burden, especially at such a young age.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Well its time for me to sell my DD..i hope to sell it as-is, but if i dont get what i want, then i'll just part it out, stock it and sell it. This car is babied and barely driven over 5000 rpm. My daily commute is 12 miles round trip in traffic and there just isn't enough room to beat on it. In fact i set the boost at 14 psi and i barely hit 10 psi. The car was in Dsport's 3 test and tune articles so all the mods are up for you to see. If you have any questions feel free to email me at jdm_db8 [@] yahoo.com. Here's the specs and price. Car is located in Irvine, CA

2004 Subaru WRX Sedan - Platinum Silver Metallic
    5 speed, 57k miles
    Clean Title / Carfax
    No Accidents - 3 dings / No dents
    Never tracked or beat on - Daily driven @ 14 psi
    Tranny shifts smooth - no grinds
    Well kept, changed oil every 3k or sooner with Synthetic, either Castrol Syntec or Quaker State
    Tranny oil just changed with Motul 300 gear oil
    Rear diff oil just changed with Eneos Gear Oil
    Featured in 3 DSPORT Test and Tune Articles - See magazines for install and numbers
    DSPORT Issue #'s : 80, 83, 84

Dyno numbers with just the CMD: 214whp/229 lb-ft torque @ 16 PSI. Tuned by Carl at Dynojet

Price : $12,500. Located in Irvine, CA
    Email: jdm_db8 [@] yahoo.com

All parts/mods have less than 5k miles on them
    Engine
    Took most of the engine mods off.
    Dynojet CMD Fuel Management
    Grounding Kit

Suspension
    B+G Coilover System
    Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
    Whiteline RCA (Roll Center Adjuster)
    Cobb Adjustable Sway Bars (F/R)
    SPT Camber Bolts -2.0 deg front and -1.5 deg rear
    Energy suspension bushing kit (not installed)

Wheels
    18" Buddy Club SF Challenge wheels - Black
    Hankook V12 Tires w/ 75% + tread left

Exterior
    OEM PSM Side Skirts
    Sti PSM Splitters
    Sti Style ABS front lip
    Wingless PSM trunk - debadged

Interior
    Blitz DTT turbo timer
    Aspec products shift knob
    Sti Short Shifter