New to the fourms
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the fourms within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats's up everyone? My name is Chad recently a few months ago I purchased a 2004 WR Blue STi and ...

New to the fourms

Whats's up everyone? My name is Chad recently a few months ago I purchased a 2004 WR Blue STi and I can say I am very pleased with my purchase. I bought it bone stock so needless to say i have done some mods already. First on my list was the V2 Cobb AP flashed to stage one instantly. Noticed a decent change in drive ability immediately. Next I purchased the HKS Cat-Back Exhuast system. Then I started to move to the suspension I have 24mm front and rear Whiteline Swaybars and Swaybar bushings. I also did Kartboy adjustable endlinks. And now that I have it away for winter so I can prepare for a Downpipe, Coilovers, and possibly a FMIC. Still not sure if im going to change the turbo yet i hear ups and downs, and another conflicting issue is im not sure of any tuners in the western PA area yet for Subaru's near Greensburg. Other than that I enjoy this car very much and look forward to getting some first hand knowledge from other owners about products and experiences with there subarus

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club chad.

as far as your future mods- ditch the FMIC idea. a lot of the time they're just installed for looks & arent a necessity until you significantly upgrade your turbo. most claim that a FMIC on a stock turbo or lightly upgraded turbo will cause lag and decrease in throttle response.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Howdy! New to the Forum and don't have an WRX yet, but will get one when I am States Side.. Currently working in SE asia.. I had just sold my Greddy Turbo S2000 and definately needing something to replace it...
    [HAD 00 Greddy Turbo S2000][Daily; 06 Porsche Carrera]

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    welcome to the club chad.

as far as your future mods- ditch the FMIC idea. a lot of the time they're just installed for looks & arent a necessity until you significantly upgrade your turbo. most claim that a FMIC on a stock turbo or lightly upgraded turbo will cause lag and decrease in throttle response.
    Sorry I forgot to mention the FMIC will be complementing a Rotated Mount Set up. Im new to all wheel drive but not to Forced Induction thank you for the warm welcome though nice to meet you

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue04Scooby View Post
    Sorry I forgot to mention the FMIC will be complementing a Rotated Mount Set up. Im new to all wheel drive but not to Forced Induction thank you for the warm welcome though nice to meet you
    Nice, what turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Nice, what turbo?
    Still not sure yet considering I get alot of forced induction parts at little to no cost at all i dont want to get into something again where its completely ridonculous and not streetable anymore like my other cars that's kind of the reason why I got the STi as a daily driver so I may do a 60-1 dual ball set up with a stage 5 ported turbine .82 A/R is too big so im kinda feeling a .63 A/R

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.