Brand new, Big Noob.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Brand new, Big Noob. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got my first WRX, first subaru, and shockingly its my first car. I'm brand new to the car ...

Brand new, Big Noob.

I just got my first WRX, first subaru, and shockingly its my first car. I'm brand new to the car world and im already completely perplexed and in love with it. My car has quickly become my baby along with my honda crf250r.

Honestly and shamefully, i just dont know anything more indepth about cars in general. I want to learn but ive got no idea where to start.

In regards to the car its a completely stock '04 WRX with 45k miles. No mods, no interior changes, no anything. I'd like to get into the modding world but i've got no idea where to start. I would however, like to get new wheels and rims.

Thanks for the great forums!.

Oh and, if theres anything really special, beneficial tip, or trick of the trade you guys have please let me know. I want my car to stay running in top shape for as long as possible.

Scratches on the front are not from me poor thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    nice first car.

Just know that most first cars end up pretty beat up, so be extra careful. Subarus are picky so learn everything you can about them. Start with the threads on here as well as other wrx and subaru forums. Enjoy being stock for a while then once that becomes not enough consider going stage 2 with a proper tune. As for wheels, there are good deals to be found on the classifieds of this site as well as the other wrx forums. Used wheels are always a good option. (Go 18's )

Anyways do some searching, Learn absolutely everything you can and enjoy your car.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    what are your plans for the car? Would you like it to be faster, brake better, or handle better? All 3?

Performance:
    Cobb Accessport
    up pipe
    down pipe
    cat back

Braking:
    H6 Rear upgrade
    slotted rotors
    braided brake lines
    hawk pads

Handling:
    Lowering springs
    struts
    camber bolts
    sway bars
    maybe toss in some kartboy chassis stuff too..

Welcome and happy modding!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Wow awesome first car. Get a Cusco lip and those scratches will be nonexistent lol. Welcome to the club.

As far as mods go, and I know this has been said countless times before but your best first mod is research. There are a ton of helpful stickies and FAQ's out there.

Good luck!
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.