The WRX wave? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on The WRX wave? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Amber Kay Um, Just kinda wondering why you are participating in this forum, in this conversation, if ...

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Kay View Post
    Um, Just kinda wondering why you are participating in this forum, in this conversation, if you feel that way.
    I don't mean that in a snotty way. I fail at turning my thoughts into words.

I just want to understand why you follow this conversation if you are beyond the whole concept.

Yeah, I think you may actually be missing the point of the "wave". It is kind of like an acknowledgement of a family of sorts. I realize wrx's are mass produced, but it is still a niche car. Not everyone drives one, or likes them for that matter. It's not an exclusive club, but it's a shared interest. Now probably most of the people that do wave and or return a wave are going to be your enthusiasts, even if it's not modded. The other wrx owners are just in it for maybe a little more fun or whatever reason. I think once someone who is "uneducated" in the wave gets a wave, they probably think "hey that was cool" and start waving themselves and returning the gesture. I also ride motorcycles and bicycle, so I'm very familiar with the communal waves of different ilks. When I bought my wrx I got my first wave on the way home. I actually didn't realize the wrx community did that. I knew about the jeeps too, but never owned a cj or wrangler. But I knew what to do and just rolled with it and thought "that was cool!"

*Sorry Amber I was backing you up, but the quote didn't get the whole thing!
    Last edited by MrBluerex; 12-07-2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Addition
    Never mess with a Sicillian when death is on the line!!! hahahahaha.....

Bugeye Mafia #307

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I owned a Jeep CJ-7 (Old Wrangler) for about a year. EVERY, and I mean E V E R Y, Jeep Wrangler/CJ-7 will wave, no joke.

I've had my WRX since June and only exchanged "nods". I never thought there was a WRX/STi wave.

I say leave it to the Jeeps.

[QUOTE=Dsibbrel;2550413] When I had my Lightning, we all always waved. QUOTE]

When I had my SVT Focus most of the other SVT's waved or reved at me. Occasionally I initiated, but mine had a Jackson Supercharger so it sounded a bit healthier than a regular SVT Focus. Maybe that's why,...

I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado we have the number one volume dealership in the US for like the past three years. Needless to say their is a ton of WRX/STI's here and i have never got a wave. Maybe i have not noticed tho, but their is a lot of staring going i guess out of admiration of the car. I'm going to have to give a wave to the next person who stares at me.

Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

actually s2000's have the blink ur lights thing and about 90% of them do so

Yesterday only STi/WRX/Forester and plows were on the road, so waving was redundant. We do laugh, Subarus are the only cars that work here. Once in a while, someone in a Jeep will cruise along here, but it's rare.

This is a community of people who don't really care to modify their cars, but they all drive Subarus, and it's just a given that if you move here, it's what you buy. There is a lot of waving, but it's hard to tell if it's Subaru love, or neighborly kindness.

A few people who have STis do the peace sign thing in my direction occasionally...

I Support ClubWRX
    In Maryland I get the wave/peace sign every now and then.
    I find it's mostly from the modified STi and WRX owners. I think it's kind of cool.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Do you have a neon bar on a FMIC?? I'd have gone with a CRYO2, but that's trick!

I Support ClubWRX
    I have 20 small led-lights under the bottom bumper behind the tag frame. I just love them. It's very sweet looking at night!
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon

Here's my bug-eye at night before I redid the cluster with SMD, it looks the same, but here's a shot from way back when:

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow!, thats awesome!, I'am having lots of gauge envy now. LOL
    Love the color too!
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon

Thanks! I was born and raised in BMore. I lived in Dulaney Valley, on Dulaney Valley Road.

I don't miss it, but once in a while I find someone nice from there, and it is pretty weird...

oh, and: (really not sad, but)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.