The WRX wave? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on The WRX wave? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX its like the field of dreams... If you wave.... They will wave... Atleast someday they will ...

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    its like the field of dreams... If you wave.... They will wave... Atleast someday they will start waiving too
    Passed one this morning. I waved. Got nothing.

There are very few enthusiasts in this town, but tons of Subarus (just can't beat that AWD). I think most of the WRX owners are just regular people who bought a WRX because it's a Subaru with more 'pep'.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The other day I was driving with the wife in the car and we were spotted by another subaru the passenger in the other car was a Blondie that waved at us...
    The wife next to me luckily knew about this stupid wave craze some subaru drivers do... or else I would have been in hot water!
    I never wave at anyone, I keep my eye on the road and pay attention to what im doing this case driving and avoiding arguments

Not to sound like a real stick in the mud, but I think I may have a point - having the same car and waving at another is like coming to work and hanging out with the person that dressed the same all day or sharing lunch with the person that's got the same toppings on their sandwiches....

Death to the wave I say!!!!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

This thread is hilarious i always wonder why i would always get the same waive
    Last edited by jcsti; 12-04-2009 at 12:57 PM.

The ol' subaru wave is dead in El Paso. When I had my STi I got a wave from a fellow STi owner and a head nod from a guy in an Evo X. Since owning the bugeye, nadda! Even when I wave to fellow bugeye owners.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

old people in wrxs are probably so confused
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

I think I had my rex about a week when I got the first wave from a white 06-07ish sedan.. I waved back, hopefully the dude caught it. A few days after that a black bug eye followed me for a good while and when he passed we exchanged a nod and thumbs up. I see alot of subaru's around here in Norfolk/Va beach but relatively few wrx's while I'm driving mine. Its my daily driver but always manage to see others when riding with someone else. I still nod or wave but they're usually confused.

I dig the community thing.. love my wrx (wanted one since they first came to the states) and now that I have one its fun to see that other people have the same passion toward them.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I live in So. California and I drive a lot for my work. I would say I get a wave back or a wave thrown at me 90% of the time I see a wrx. Because I have certain routes I sometimes see the same guys so we always wave.

This might be regional but our waves tend to be the peace sign, horizontally, out the window.

I've had guys go as far as to roll down their windows to throw "the wave" at me because they were tinted.

It's nice. I've had a lot of cars and I can't think of any other car where this kind of community happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cformat View Post
    I live in So. California and I drive a lot for my work. I would say I get a wave back or a wave thrown at me 90% of the time I see a wrx. Because I have certain routes I sometimes see the same guys so we always wave.

This might be regional but our waves tend to be the peace sign, horizontally, out the window.

I've had guys go as far as to roll down their windows to throw "the wave" at me because they were tinted.

It's nice. I've had a lot of cars and I can't think of any other car where this kind of community happens.
    i'm from ny and i've seen a few different varations of the wave... Mostly it is the peace sign off the steering wheel then you got the peace sign with the arm extension out the window this is a classic ny wrx wave.
    Last edited by jcsti; 12-04-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    ...having the same car and waving at another is like coming to work and hanging out with the person that dressed the same all day or sharing lunch with the person that's got the same toppings on their sandwiches....

Death to the wave I say!!!!
    Um, Just kinda wondering why you are participating in this forum, in this conversation, if you feel that way.
    I don't mean that in a snotty way. I fail at turning my thoughts into words.

I just want to understand why you follow this conversation if you are beyond the whole concept.

Quote Originally Posted by cformat View Post
    Merkur owners are really tight.. but if you think the wrx is rare.. let me know the next time you see a xr4ti or a scorpio.. for years the only one I saw outside of the carlisle all fords show was my own.

Jeepers do the wave too.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Merkur owners are really tight.. but if you think the wrx is rare.. let me know the next time you see a xr4ti or a scorpio.. for years the only one I saw outside of the carlisle all fords show was my own.

Jeepers do the wave too.
    harley riders as well.. hell any bikes.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

wave

Always have done the corvette wave. First day i got my WRX got the wave, havent seen one since. WRX that is.

Yeah I get the wave as well in both my Wrangler and STi

The wrx/sti wave is very common( just about daily for me) here in northern NE area

Just bought my WRX 2 weeks ago. Have only passed a couple of STI's with no wave. Didn't know this was going to be a common thing. When I had my Lightning, we all always waved. We'd even speed up to each other and go out of our way to wave and sometimes talk at a light or parking lot. I think it's great and hopefully what the Lightning community was like, the WRX is in my neighborhood. Just say NO to the thumbs up though...please.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast