The WRX wave? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on The WRX wave? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; know what... im not taking my kids to Disney land!...

know what... im not taking my kids to Disney land!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i throw a peace sign or a thumb up for all the wrx/stis I pass...I'd say about 75% of the time it's returned around here. The 25% are usually older people driving, which always takes me back a little. I wave back to regular imprezas if they initiate.
    -Dan
    2007 WRX TR

We wave up here in good old NS. WRX and STi anyway. Subarus are very popular here.
    06 WRB WRX
    Stage 1 Vibrant Cat Back (Sounds Nice!)

What is the meaning of wave or thumbs up anyway... I never do...!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

I get waves when I see other wrx owners but I'm usually too slow to respond back. Then I feel bad.
    2003 WRX Midnight Black Pearl

My Pics: Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll usually acknowledge fellow Subie owners when I see them on the road - anything from a wave to a shocker, a nod to an engine rev.

The local club is very active in recruiting new members (e.g., spotted cards, word of mouth), and we're a pretty tight-knit group with have pretty frequent meets.

Honestly, most of the modded Subarus (the ones who are most likely to initiate/return the wave), are members of the club, and we all know each other.

I was surprised how few turbo Subarus I saw on my trip to FL this past February, but every one I saw, and even a nicely modded GC gave me some type of "hello"
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

When I see them coming towards me I do the two finger wave from steering wheel and when I see them coming from behind(oh no, I brought this one on myself) I roll my window down and do the the two finger wave as they pass! Usually when I am cruising with another WRX or STi I give them a honk as they get off at an exit! Most of the Subies, wrx and STi type, do the wave around here!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Not many Subies in my neighborhood so I can't think of many waving opportunities--just a lot of uppity European driving snobs around here. However, I do get a fair amount of gawkers with the "what is that" look on their face. I've also had a couple strangely friendly encounters with Evo drivers.

I've done waves and revs. Usually get them back if the person is paying attention. I've also been passed on the highway by a heavily modded bugeye and the passenger rolled down the window, leaned out and threw up some dual shockers.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

I Support ClubWRX
    I pop my BOV and point towards the nearest schoolzone with a sneer on my face.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I pop my BOV and point towards the nearest schoolzone with a sneer on my face.
    I got all the nearest schools saved on my GPS so I can race by them...while waving at everyone....

On a side note, when I would go to my brothers highschool football games all his friends told him they wanted my car. One guy was trying to get me to race his sister in her cobalt ss....mind you this was in a school parking lot...i smoked her...haha...just kidding! NO RACE TOOK PLACE!!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Not a lot of Wrx/Sti's in my area, especially 08+ but when i see them i always try and acknowledge them with a head nod and if its returned i feel good and feel a tight knit brotherhood of subaru's

If I see other wrx's I usually throw up the shocker. Well recieved especially if it is a younger driver and modded.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    What is the meaning of wave or thumbs up anyway... I never do...!
    Well it's actually a community type thing, like Jeep cj's, yj's, tj's and kj's (wranglers), motorcycles, bicyclists and so on. I usually get a wave back or initiated if it's a younger (40 or less) person and or if it's modded. I got a wave by a '98 2.5rs coupe, an evo. I guess evo's wave 'cause the all wheel drive turbo thing. There are however those that I wave at and they look at me like "what the hell?!" So some people actually just buy these for sporty basic transport, or they just never heard of the "wave" I guess. Any way, that's how I see it, any additions?
    Never mess with a Sicillian when death is on the line!!! hahahahaha.....

Bugeye Mafia #307

It seems that the wave has been going on all along and I just never noticed it.

Now that I think about it, when I'm working I'm in either a Geo Metro or a Chevy Aveo (the Aveo is pretty much a modern Geo,... double the hp of a Geo, but so boring I prefer the Geos.) So when I was looking at the Subarus around me I was probably too busy drooling over their cars to notice what the drivers were doing.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll keep up my waving, even if it isn't returned. I know you're out there now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast