Very confused

This is a discussion on Very confused within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im new here and Im researching for a friend. Heres the story my boy got an wrecked 07 wrx and ...

Very confused

Im new here and Im researching for a friend. Heres the story my boy got an wrecked 07 wrx and has been piecing it back together
    so far every thing is good but he came across a good deal on a 04 sti engine. right now he has a 07 trans 5 speed my question is
    will the 07 trans flywheel and clutch bolt to that engine. I have researched and flywheel and clutch year says 04-07 so I assume it will work. Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As far as I know the bolt pattern for the gearbox is the same as with the mountings etc... so they should fit, however I would suggest on getting a 6sp box to compliment the STI motor.
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

I Support ClubWRX
    If your using the 5 speed trans you must use your 5 speed flywheel and clutch.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I don't think the 5 speed tranny is a good match for the STi engine.

I used to make more than 330 lb-ft of torque at the wheels in my 06' STi with bolt-on mods, unless he plans to run it stock. No matter what the stock clutch won't live very long in the 5 speed.

I actually think the taller gears in the 5 speed would work better with the STi motor. You can hold the gear longer to hit a higher top speed, but you are trading off some acceleration.
    SGV_SUBBY

10' EVO X MR Touring
    08' Infiniti EX35
    04' Toyota Rav 4
    06' Yamaha R6

STi 6spd Tranny FTMFW!
    I <3 SASHA.M

Yeah I would totally agree if your going to use that EJ25 your surely going to want to compliment it with a 6spd gearbox bud