im gona buy an 07 STI Help

This is a discussion on im gona buy an 07 STI Help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey so a little background im very familiar with turbo cars i have had 3 Evos in the past and ...

Smile im gona buy an 07 STI Help

Hey
    so a little background im very familiar with turbo cars i have had 3 Evos in the past and love them

Im looking to try something new so im gona give Subaru a try.

Car is an 07 with 15k

How much should i expect to pay its stock except with rims and coilovers.

So my guess is its been tracked a few times but by an older gentlemen considering there are no power mods.

What should i look at spending for this car? how much are they going for.

Also i see that 07 had some tune issues and problems with the pistons does Subaru stand behind this?

is this something i should be consined with and is there any way of telling if the car has these issues.

I have searched and i see some people state that they cant even tell they have gone bad.

Thanks
    Ian

PS i am looking at the car in 24 hours please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The simple thing to do is simply take the vehicle to a Subaru dealership and pay for a compression check. Have them run a vim status. That will show wether the fix all problems tune had been done. If not have them do the tune if the compression check passes. If it passes and tune is all good purchase car. If not then you probably want the current owner to handle the warranty issues til your purchase. There are many people with 07 STis who are very happy with them. I'd suggest the purchase if it's a good deal.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    As for price I try to pay as close to Kelly blue book excellent trade in value as possible. The dealership is only offering them good value at best so that's what I shoot for. It really want the car I'll get close to suggested private party but never over.

The other thing is 04-07 STis hold value very well since the new ones are hatchbacks.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    The simple thing to do is simply take the vehicle to a Subaru dealership and pay for a compression check. Have them run a vim status. That will show wether the fix all problems tune had been done. If not have them do the tune if the compression check passes. If it passes and tune is all good purchase car. If not then you probably want the current owner to handle the warranty issues til your purchase. There are many people with 07 STis who are very happy with them. I'd suggest the purchase if it's a good deal.
    x2 on this definately get the compression check espically on the 07 mine blew cylinder 4, I bought my with 10k w/o power mods then my tuner just found a walbro pump when he was going to install my walbro pump so it was actually modded before. ya never know unless you get it brand new.

Cost

Hey thank you for the fast reply s

How much does a compression test run? also does it take very long to do?

Im looking to close on the car on monday so is it something that a dealer could do in an afternoon?

ill see the car in person tomorrow ill make sure to check all vin tags on all body panels look for any signs of painting and check the brake calipers to see if they have been heavily used by looking at the paint.

is there anything else that i should look at thats specific to STI's?

I know Evos have a few things that will stick out if your well informed.

Thanks
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jcsti View Post
    x2 on this definately get the compression check espically on the 07 mine blew cylinder 4, I bought my with 10k w/o power mods then my tuner just found a walbro pump when he was going to install my walbro pump so it was actually modded before. ya never know unless you get it brand new.
    Did the dealer take care of your problem under warranty?

Thanks
    Ian

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by V8<turbo4 View Post
    is there anything else that i should look at thats specific to STI's?
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by V8<turbo4 View Post
    Did the dealer take care of your problem under warranty?

Thanks
    Ian
    yeah they did i mean i reported the claim with like 25k got a new block, then i modded and professionally tuned because the 07 stock tune blows up motors the compression test run about $180 at the dealership but if its under warranty and its blown up they will cover it.