The new guy

This is a discussion on The new guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, Name's Adam, I'm 28 and I drive a 02 Sedona Red Pearl WRX with ~173k miles on it. Yup, ...

The new guy

Hey,

Name's Adam, I'm 28 and I drive a 02 Sedona Red Pearl WRX with ~173k miles on it. Yup, it's alot of miles and from looking at the high mileage club post I think it already qualifies me for a decent position. Driven all over New England with it, down to Florida, and it's been the daily driver for me to school, work and such for the life of the car. I've never modded it since honestly, I didn't know much about doing such things and more importantly, didn't have enough free cash to do so over the years. However it's treated me well for the most part except for some hiccups this year that I'm still trying to iron out.

Before the Rex I had a 99' Blue RS that was also a fun ride, so I've pretty much been driving Subie's since I've had my license. Learned to drive in my parent's Legacy and learned manual in their old 5 series.

I'm coming up on a crossroads in the next year or so where I'll be putting my bug-eye to rest and looking at something new. Started reading this forum just to get an idea on people's experiences with the newer generation WRX's but somehow that turned into reading up more on tuning, exhaust mods and general curiosity for getting more out of my car's potential.

So far, this place seems like the best community for WRX owners and enthusiasts that I've come across. Just in the few weeks I've been lurking here I've learned more about downpipes, accessports and cat-backs than I knew in my entire driving lifespan thus far. Thanks for making this a welcoming place and I hope to learn more and contribute in time ahead.

P.S. If you are looking for pics of my current wrx, I'll look into posting them up but you probably won't be much impressed. Although I managed to keep it looking pretty good for a while, it has collected it's fair share of scratches, dents and dings. Honestly I've never been the kind of person to get wrapped up in keeping my car looking pristine at all times, so I can't say it bothers me too much that the car looks like I drove it as much as I have. WRX's are rally born and bred and I think that having some mud splatter, a dent or two and a dirty windshield are as much in-line with what the car should look like than the efforts of someone with too much time and carwax on their hands.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Hey! Welcome! You will find lots of good info here on the club! So what do you plan on doing with your Subie? Gonna sell it?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club man!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    So what do you plan on doing with your Subie? Gonna sell it?
    Not sure, it's been something I've had a hard time deciding on what to do. I feel like if I try and use it as a trade in, I'll more than likely get a crappy deal for it like $2k or less. If it doesn't have any major malfunctions between now and when I earnestly begin looking for something new next year, I may just keep it to have it as a beater. That way I can be ultra-gentle on the new car or finally feel safe enough to teach my girlfriend how to drive stick (maybe).

I think more than likely I'll at least get it appraised by a dealer so I get a ballpark on what they'd be willing to pay for it and then make a decision on what to do from there.

I would guess about 4 or 5 grand if you can find someone to buy it! A dealer will screw you, best way to sell it is privately! Use Kelly blue book online see what it says it's worth!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide