New dude in search for a subie.

This is a discussion on New dude in search for a subie. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey wassup ladies and gents. I've been searching on the boards here and found quite a bit of useful info. ...

New dude in search for a subie.

Hey wassup ladies and gents. I've been searching on the boards here and found quite a bit of useful info. So I wanted to say hello all.

On another topic, why are sellers asking for way over TMV for these cars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    Hey wassup ladies and gents. I've been searching on the boards here and found quite a bit of useful info. So I wanted to say hello all.
    Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    why are sellers asking for way over TMV for these cars?
    Because they can ... and are hopeful someone will buy at the asking price. Starting high will allow them to negotiate down to what they really wanted to start with.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks! Yea, I've noticed it makes negotiations easier but some sellers are pretty firm. I mean if the car doesn't sell in one week, to me it means it's not a great deal. If it doesn't sell in two, it's not a good deal. If after 3 weeks it's still there and you're not budging on price, you might as well keep it.

I understand it also if you modded the car, but that doesn't necessarily bring up the value by that much. But I'll continue on my search for a fair priced subie.

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep us posted on your quest.

Be sure to check out (if you already have not): Car Purchasing Forum - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics