WRX Getting Frowned Upon
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Getting Frowned Upon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm so excited about my '02 Wagon...but everytime i tell people i have a WRX they always respond with "is ...

WRX Getting Frowned Upon

I'm so excited about my '02 Wagon...but everytime i tell people i have a WRX they always respond with "is it an STi??!?!" and when i tell them no, they don't sound interested anymore. I realize the STi is a better car in a ton of ways, but what should i say as a rebuttal?
    Noah | Bugeye Mafia #301

02 MBP WRX Wagon "Annabelle"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ask them what do they drive or do they know what AWD + Turbo feels like

That usually does the trick for me when I tell people I have a WRX 4EAT.
    I <3 SASHA.M

Tell them their shoe's untied. Then, when they look down at their shoes, give 'em a swift Mike Tyson style uppercut!!!

But seriously, it shouldn't matter what others say. I here the same thing all the time. Besides, for the price you paid for a bugeye, and with a few dollars,( i dont mean "a few" literally) you can have a bugeye wagon that can be as good or better than a STi, for less than the cost of one!
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4
    VF43'd by Wicked Innovation

Facebook

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    It happens. I could care less to their indifference considering I make over 100 whp more than an STI.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by frypod View Post
    I realize the STi is a better car in a ton of ways, but what should i say as a rebuttal?
    Nothing. They're just cars. None of this matters.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Nice outlook coming from a Mod of a car forum.
    Noah | Bugeye Mafia #301

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by frypod View Post
    Nice outlook coming from a Mod of a car forum.
    Thanks. I'd recommend just enjoying the car. Keep it maintained, drive it till the doors melt off, then get something else and repeat. Life's too short to worry about impressing people; blend in and go unnoticed instead if at all possible.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    its just people being ignorant. Maybe strike up a friendly conversation of vehicular knowledge

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    its just people being ignorant. Maybe strike up a friendly conversation of vehicular knowledge
    Yes basically I do agree with how you've put it. This is the best way out of an otherwise no-win discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    hahah +1
    I usually just ignore it. But if it's a friend, and I have the time, I just say get in the passenger seat.

What do you have to say about that Sti now? hahah
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i actually correct people when they say "nice sti" it kind of makes me mad.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Thanks. I'd recommend just enjoying the car. Keep it maintained, drive it till the doors melt off, then get something else and repeat. Life's too short to worry about impressing people; blend in and go unnoticed instead if at all possible.
    I have to agree with him on this one. Enjoy what you have, and don't worry about the way other people perceive your possessions.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

You should be all
    "no but I can do this" and then bust out the sprinkler or the carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    You should be all
    "no but I can do this" and then bust out the sprinkler or the carlton.
    HAHAHA!! +1

But you guys are all right, I know full well what the car can do and I don't need their opinions.
    Noah | Bugeye Mafia #301

I have gotten the same reaction many times.

It's surprising when the reaction actually comes from STI owners themselves (unfortuantely). There have been numerous times where I would get frowned upon with my WRX by the "superior" STI owners.

I take pride in my WRX - and even more so when the unsuspecting STI owner gets a taste of the 20g, built motor, and 6-speed

Keep your head up and don't worry about what other people think. Just enjoy the car.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.