WRX Getting Frowned Upon - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX Getting Frowned Upon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Most of the time people pull up next to me and the conversation goes like this, "Hey guy, is that ...

Most of the time people pull up next to me and the conversation goes like this,

"Hey guy, is that an STi?"

"Nope, just a little WRX"

"Oh right so its not even turbo (obvious lack of car knowledge), cos my Golf has 245 Hp i bet id have you (laughs to friends in car haha hehe)"

"Yeah its kinda slow for the money really (I chuckle to myself)"

(Que green light, 4 wheel chirp and 300+hp of Turbo spool and a small dot in the rear view that resembles a Golf)

The end.

I swear peoples car knowldge in Canada is terrible. At the end of the day everytime I get in my car it makes me smile, yes I would love an STi and one day im sure il have one but il have a lot of fun getting there.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Most of the time people pull up next to me and the conversation goes like this,

"Hey guy, is that an STi?"

"Nope, just a little WRX"

"Oh right so its not even turbo (obvious lack of car knowledge), cos my Golf has 245 Hp i bet id have you (laughs to friends in car haha hehe)"

"Yeah its kinda slow for the money really (I chuckle to myself)"

(Que green light, 4 wheel chirp and 300+hp of Turbo spool and a small dot in the rear view that resembles a Golf)

The end.
    I <3 SASHA.M

I prefer my built 2.5l bugeye with 6 speed and wrx insurance rates to any STi.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    Love it!
    Then this will make you laugh, I had a guy pull up next to me in a Prelude with a stupid bodykit, he then asks me if my Accessport mounted on the dash is my MP3 player.

Fool.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers

That's halarious...

Your above post resonated with me because I've been in that situation where they ask if my car is a STi (even though STi's come hatchback only) and I say no it's only a WRX - usually these are civic/integra/sentra owners tryin to do sr20det,k20 swaps LOL...

I read up on ALL cars and their potential just to know what I could possibly going against..Mods and all...

Then this will make you laugh, I had a guy pull up next to me in a Prelude with a stupid bodykit, he then asks me if my Accessport mounted on the dash is my MP3 player.

Fool.
    I <3 SASHA.M

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    That's halarious...

Your above post resonated with me because I've been in that situation where they ask if my car is a STi (even though STi's come hatchback only) and I say no it's only a WRX - usually these are civic/integra/sentra owners tryin to do sr20det,k20 swaps LOL...

I read up on ALL cars and their potential just to know what I could possibly going against..Mods and all...
    And you found that you could beat them didn't you?
    Noah | Bugeye Mafia #301

02 MBP WRX Wagon "Annabelle"

Some yes and some no....

see the upside to buyin lets say a 91 se-r like I did for 900 bucks left me with a lot of cash to do this:

when you do stuff like that and run it against my stock 4EAT, sometimes I loose

Quote Originally Posted by frypod View Post
    And you found that you could beat them didn't you?
    I <3 SASHA.M

what engine swap is that????

That is a SR20DET (red top - had the valve cover polished) fully built top - cams, pistons, connecting rods, head studs, etc..sporting a GT28RS disco patatoe turbo.

what engine swap is that????
    Last edited by spt wrx 2k8; 11-23-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    I <3 SASHA.M

I don't care what people think of my car. The only thing that matters is how I feel behind the wheel--and I feel damn good in my Rex.

Although, if a friend says it, I might be pressured to show them the light with a quick little test run.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #999-

2008 WRB WRX, Rally Armor Mud-flaps, ERZ Catless 3" exhaust, Tsudo DP, COBB AP (Stage 2)

hp??? that is the mother of all sleepers! lol

The setup was suppose to do 350hp @ 22psi easily. I only drove it for 2 months as my dad started a new job my mother made me sell it for this:

My dad didn't have a car @ the time so my tubro'd se-r was the only car in the house, my mother wanted my dad to have a car that he can drive. I'm all for my parents - this is why I have the WRX now (my dads AWESOME 860 CREDIT score )
    Last edited by spt wrx 2k8; 11-23-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    I <3 SASHA.M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.