New here. Old Fanatic.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New here. Old Fanatic. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone. My name is Kevin and I currently live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I currently drive a ...

New here. Old Fanatic.

Hi everyone. My name is Kevin and I currently live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I currently drive a lightly modded 05 Altima....nothing special of course but she looks good and scoots along (will post pics in a bit).

Since owning and modding the Altima I have come to realize so many of the shortcomings of front wheel drive cars. Theyre great if youre a boring Joe Shmoe who just wants to get from A to B safely and boringly BUT theyre horrible when it comes to performance minded activities. Plus understeer has to be the most hopeless looking thing on the face of the planet.

To sum things up, I have been researching a few different cars lately. I have been a big fan of Subaru via rallying and seeing time attack teams have success with subarus as well. For the past few years I have been heavily into supras and currently do a lot of work with a lot of the owners around here as well. But for me to switch to a supra would be absolutely stupid to make 8,000,000,000whp on a car I would be daily driving in the rain, sleet, and snow. SO here is where my love for a subarbu comes in. They can make really good power on a CRAZY amazing powerband as well as having the awd system that can actually move the car forward in any weather condition.

So that's a little about me. Questions/comments/suggestions...just leave em here or send me a message.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also...what I am looking to do.

Either buy a new Sti and lightly mod.

OR

Since I just enjoy the feel of older cars....buy a 99 2.5 and do a full STi swap and lightly mod it.

The end result. Just looking to make a reliable 400-ish hp so that I can give my buddy's 993 a run for his money.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

You should explore the links in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

ooo nice. thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
    Hi everyone. My name is Kevin and I currently live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
    Hi, nice town.

I currently drive a lightly modded 05 Altima....nothing special of course but she looks good and scoots along
    Then it's a good car!

Since owning and modding the Altima I have come to realize so many of the shortcomings of front wheel drive cars. Theyre great if youre a boring Joe Shmoe who just wants to get from A to B safely and boringly BUT theyre horrible when it comes to performance minded activities.
    No RWD, no turbo, no problem: Jean Ragnotti in the Maxi Clio. Enjoy!
    YouTube - JEAN RAGNOTTI CLIO MAXI

For the past few years I have been heavily into supras and currently do a lot of work with a lot of the owners around here as well. But for me to switch to a supra would be absolutely stupid to make 8,000,000,000whp on a car I would be daily driving in the rain, sleet, and snow.
    Not only are they expensive, RWD just doesn't have it when it comes to inclement weather compared to FWD or AWD in my view.

So that's a little about me. Questions/comments/suggestions...just leave em here or send me a message.
    If you want a good road car buy a WRX with five doors. If you want a harsher ride but a better gearbox and more power, get an STi. Opt for cars that have not been modded, then enjoy them for a while as is before deciding what to do -- winter is not a good time for mods anyway, it's cold and miserable outside.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Welcome, Welcome! I hope you grow to love it here like we all do, and that you get ahold of a really nice car. be really careful if you buy a used suby, we do some crazy things to them!

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    winter is not a good time for mods anyway, it's cold and miserable outside.
    Ahh the wonder of Garages. And space heaters.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.