New 2009 WRX owner - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New 2009 WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wow, you bought a july/08 build date. I hope you know whats going to happen to your motor....

wow, you bought a july/08 build date. I hope you know whats going to happen to your motor.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

New here as well, 09 WRX owner also.welcome...

Only thing is I guess I have to ditch the summer perf tires for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidr1 View Post
    wow, you bought a july/08 build date. I hope you know whats going to happen to your motor.
    Yea, I said I was waiting for a spun bearing to happen any day now in the original post. don't worry, I'm prepared. I actually hope that it happens just so I can try to get my warranty extended to 100k

Quote Originally Posted by Daveimpwrx View Post
    Only thing is I guess I have to ditch the summer perf tires for awhile
    Yea, I'm not sure exactly how I wanna handle that. Buy another set of wheels and get winter tires, or just sell them or what. I definitely need some tires for winter asap though.

Yeah same here,

Called up the suby dealer and it's about 1600 for steel wheels and tires, if I can't find a deal may e just buy a clunker for the winter, cheaper than buying new,,, knowing me we,ll be on our 3rd storm and I,ll still be figuring it out... Wondering if I could risk it one winter or would that be suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by Daveimpwrx View Post
    Called up the suby dealer and it's about 1600 for steel wheels and tires, if I can't find a deal may e just buy a clunker for the winter, cheaper than buying new,,, knowing me we,ll be on our 3rd storm and I,ll still be figuring it out... Wondering if I could risk it one winter or would that be suicide?
    Don't go to the dealer for tires...Imo 1600 is too much...I paid 1020 out the door for mine thru a local tire shop. It includes the alloy wheels, winter tires, mount, balance, lug nuts, recalibrating tire monitors and install. My stockers are neatly tucked away until spring.
    09 Satin White WRX
    89 Pearl White Supra Turbo
    Stink-Eye-Mob #609

there have actually been a few threads made recently about using summers in the winter... Some people think you are guaranteed to die in a horrible icey road death if you use summers in the winter.. However I will give you this advice... DONT DRIVE LIKE AN IDIOT and you will be fine... Driving on summers in the winter can suck and it can be a risk. You just need to allow a good amount of space to react to situations. Dont go drifting around corners being a fool...

If you have the chance to get winters I would go for it.. Check you local trade postings or even junk yards, just make sure the 4 tires are going to be goo for all wheel drive. meaning the tolerances are with in spec and there isnt a particular amount more of wear on one tire then the other. I forget what the tolerances are but im sure someone can step in and tell ya.

Also iv been on my summers for this winter and things are fine so far.. really havent noticed anything making me go wow shoulda got winters... We have had sleet and snow thus far and my rex has done better then fantastic.

Just my .02$
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.