vocab question?

This is a discussion on vocab question? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i have a question what is running gear and i thought it was the outer panels that you see. ...

vocab question?

so i have a question what is running gear and i thought it was the outer panels that you see.
    because i am wondering how much it would cost to make an 03 look like an 06 on the outside

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Running gear usually refers to the chassis on cars. To figure out the price of a conversion like that, price out a bumper, rad support, beam, two headlamps, two fenders, a hood plus scoop, all the clips you'll need, and figure out also how to wire up the lamps. It'll come out to a number with more zeros in it than one might hope.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

haha well then i guess it would be easier to buy that year unless you already had the car

thank you but now you lead me to the question what is the beam? and rad support?

are those the pieces that are welded on to support the new parts

You don't like your bugeye?
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

Quote Originally Posted by jondoe12 View Post
    haha well then i guess it would be easier to buy that year unless you already had the car

thank you but now you lead me to the question what is the beam? and rad support?

are those the pieces that are welded on to support the new parts
    beam= bumper beam. The actual metal bar that takes the impact (located just behind the plastic "bumper").

radiator support are the mounts that hold your radiator to the car.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

well to start i dont have one but i am looking to buy but i dont like the look of the 02-03 model so i was trying to price out the mod to see if the price will be cheaper to buy an 02 and make it look like an 04..or 6
    and thank you for the help