so owners of 2009/2010 wrx

This is a discussion on so owners of 2009/2010 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i purchased a 2010 wrx. When i look 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX, Premium, 2.5GT, and STI Research Page for ...

so owners of 2009/2010 wrx

So i purchased a 2010 wrx. When i look 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX, Premium, 2.5GT, and STI Research Page for WRX it says wrx comes with "Incline start assist (na 2.5GT) S; uses VDC to prevent rollback when starting on a hill, manual transmission only"

Why do I roll back? I mean I recently started using a manual transmission, but I have been as gental as possible smelling the clutch like once.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i wish i could turn it off, or knew how to turn it off.

Some guy at the dealership told me my car had this...I roll like CRAZY on hills im like brake, right to gas and clutch to go.....Ive never experienced it...
    D-$

Blobeye '05

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    i wish i could turn it off, or knew how to turn it off.
    You can turn it off... its your your manual...

Quote Originally Posted by funny4life View Post
    So i purchased a 2010 wrx. When i look 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX, Premium, 2.5GT, and STI Research Page for WRX it says wrx comes with "Incline start assist (na 2.5GT) S; uses VDC to prevent rollback when starting on a hill, manual transmission only"

Why do I roll back? I mean I recently started using a manual transmission, but I have been as gental as possible smelling the clutch like once.
    In fact yours may have been turned off. Either that or sometimes if you dont push down on the brake all the way the assist wont engage. But if your on any kind of a hill that will cause you to roll back you would have to pushing down far enough. You have to be real light for it to not work. Also you have to have your clutch pushed down and your foot on the brake at the same time.. If you dont push the clutch down the hill assist wont engage either... But you should be pushing the clutch in with your left and braking with your right at the same time any way. If it still doesn't work then ask the dealer to turn it back on or try reading your manual and turning it on yourself.

I like the hill assist, helps to keep that backward momentum down and save you clutch. Im sure the differences in clutch wear are minimal if at all noticeable but still I like it, especially for those soccer moms who like to try and get close enough to see up my exhaust pipe to my down pipe... Sure technically if they are to close and i roll back and hit them its there fault; since you have to leave room for roll back and on the book it would be a rear end collision. But who wants the headache of getting your new car repaired...
    Last edited by Poohbear; 11-17-2009 at 08:28 PM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

It only holds the car for a few seconds, maybe you dont notice?

Anyhow, I thought I would hate it but it has grown on me. I still dont like the idea of cars doing things the driver should be able to do.