New AWD Turbo Owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New AWD Turbo Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, i just bought my first AWD turbo car! It's not a subaru, but I figured that I'd join ...

New AWD Turbo Owner

Hey all, i just bought my first AWD turbo car! It's not a subaru, but I figured that I'd join a forum where there is more info on motorsports involving AWD turbo cars, lol. I bought a 1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac, and I love it. I am on the couple forums that involve these cars, but they aren't all that active... so I figured I'd branch out a little!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Might wanna go here -> alltrac.net :: Index
    Not sure how much info you will gain here as this is a WRX/Subaru specific site.
    I <3 SASHA.M

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    Might wanna go here -> alltrac.net :: Index
    Not sure how much info you will gain here as this is a WRX/Subaru specific site.
    Thanks. I'm a member there as well, I mainly wanted to check out this site for info on rally-x's and other stuff like that, since there is a much larger following of subaru's than celicas, ha ha.

That and my buddy who owns a swapped GC8 is in the military and wants me to help him find stuff while he's in Iraq...

Ohhh you're talkin about events, my fault - yeah you'll get info on that here...as well as info for your buddys GC8.

What motor does he have in the GC8?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo4WD View Post
    Thanks. I'm a member there as well, I mainly wanted to check out this site for info on rally-x's and other stuff like that, since there is a much larger following of subaru's than celicas, ha ha.

That and my buddy who owns a swapped GC8 is in the military and wants me to help him find stuff while he's in Iraq...
    I <3 SASHA.M

Quote Originally Posted by spt wrx 2k8 View Post
    Ohhh you're talkin about events, my fault - yeah you'll get info on that here...as well as info for your buddys GC8.

What motor does he have in the GC8?
    It's all good man!

He's got an EJ20K out of a 97 WRX Wagon if I remember correctly...

Pics of the Alltrac! I looked around for years for a Celica GT-4 before getting my old wagon. Only found a couple in the area and both had issues. Buddy of mine had a blue 1990 FWD Celica with a swapped Corolla engine and 260k on the body that was rock solid. I got hooked on the GT-4 from racing it in Sega Rally Championship on the Sega Saturn. Welcome to the club and don't forget those pics!
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

Quote Originally Posted by etshulda View Post
    Pics of the Alltrac! I looked around for years for a Celica GT-4 before getting my old wagon. Only found a couple in the area and both had issues. Buddy of mine had a blue 1990 FWD Celica with a swapped Corolla engine and 260k on the body that was rock solid. I got hooked on the GT-4 from racing it in Sega Rally Championship on the Sega Saturn. Welcome to the club and don't forget those pics!
    Ha ha no prob, I'll post the info in a sec!

I bought the car with 186,512 miles on it from the original owner in Eugene, OR. It was made in January of 1990 and is car number 154. Other than an aftermarket stereo setup, it is 100% factory.

My plans for the car is to basically make it a real clean driver, that is capable of doing some trails, hill climbs, rally-x and auto-x with a little extra power than factory. Other than an oil change to Royal Purple (had Mobil 1 all of its life), I have only changed the intercooler couplers and radiator cap so far.

Here are some pictures of when I just bought it:

Here are some pictures of its first auto-x event!

Here is a pic of the kind of wheels I just picked up for it the other day. I just have to order the H&R spacers for the rear before I can put them on!

They are 17x8 +42 offset 5x100 Motegi Tracklites (Forged)!

For rally stuff, you might want to check out dirtyimpreza.com! It's an awesome site. I drove on a dirt road and can feel the addiction growing inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    For rally stuff, you might want to check out dirtyimpreza.com! It's an awesome site. I drove on a dirt road and can feel the addiction growing inside.
    Awesome thanks! Yeah i feel yeah, I just did a hillclimb last weekend where t he road was covered in snow for a few sections, and i had a blast!

Awesome whip! Keep her forever.
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

It's weird thinking that Toyota at one point made a lot of amazing cars. Maybe they'll have an alltrac version of the ft-86?

That's cool...I never knew they made a fast Celica...when I think of fast toyotas I only think of the Supra! I always liked the looks of that style though better than the newer celica's...well ya know what I mean.... the celicas made in the early 2000's...lol
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by etshulda View Post
    Awesome whip! Keep her forever.
    Thanks! I plan to!

Whats the engine bay look like?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.