i just got my first subie

This is a discussion on i just got my first subie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so, i really have no idea what i'm doing. i just got rid of my 93 nissan 240sx and picked ...

i just got my first subie

so, i really have no idea what i'm doing. i just got rid of my 93 nissan 240sx and picked up an 07 impreza wagon sport, i love it. i was wondering where i could find a good place to get parts and accessories. i'm hope to one day turn it into a pretty sweet power wagon, any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    is it an impreza wagon, or an impreza wrx wagon? this will help guide you on what you can do.

if it's just an impreza (n/a) theres not much you can really do to make it a "pretty sweet power wagon"

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome and congrats on the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    if it's just an impreza (n/a) theres not much you can really do to make it a "pretty sweet power wagon"
    way to kill it ... if it is just a wagon.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

it is just the wagon, but i was looking forward to getting my hands dirty making it more than that or at least doing what i can.
    Last edited by tophat; 11-16-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You mean it's an impreza? Either way it's a wagon lol. With n/a models it's best to focus on suspension and handling. As far as power goes you can't really do anything noticable without dropping serious cash. By the time youre done it wouldve been more practical to start with the wrx.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

yup impreza outback sport. from what i've been told i'd need to do engine internals, exhaust, turbo, etc. i'm in a better position to do what i can when i can than to buy something new.
    i have access to a metal fab shop, a garage, and friends willing to work for beer, i'm just not sure how to go about it
    Last edited by tophat; 11-16-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    is it an impreza wagon, or an impreza wrx wagon? this will help guide you on what you can do.

so i did a ton more research and now i understand, thank you any idea on a good place for suspension parts, no reason i can make it a little more fun to drive. also maybe look awesome, any suggestions on interior mods?

Hi and welcome. Congrats on a wagon n/a or otherwise. Some cool stuff I'd consider for the interior is maybe sti stuff. It would definately be different. I don't know about the rear seats, but everythingelse should be same same. Door cards, front seat mounts, carpet etc. Maybe drop it a little and throw some 18's and do a big brake conversion. An intake and exhaust would free a couple more ponies and give you a sweet sound too. Try here for some stuff CobbTuning.com - 2.5RS & 2.5TS. Hope this helps a little.
    Never mess with a Sicillian when death is on the line!!! hahahahaha.....

Bugeye Mafia #307

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tophat View Post
    yup impreza outback sport. from what i've been told i'd need to do engine internals, exhaust, turbo, etc. i'm in a better position to do what i can when i can than to buy something new.
    i have access to a metal fab shop, a garage, and friends willing to work for beer, i'm just not sure how to go about it
    You'd need to do an engine swap to have a turbo. Until you're ready to do that, focus on suspension/drivetrain modifications. They're pretty cheap, and they'll be a better bang/buck modification.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You'd need to do an engine swap to have a turbo. Until you're ready to do that, focus on suspension/drivetrain modifications. They're pretty cheap, and they'll be a better bang/buck modification.
    Agreed, to turbo your motor would be more expensive and time consuming than just finding a decent used turbo motor in the first place. They're out there, check ebay. Lots of jap spec motors there.
    Never mess with a Sicillian when death is on the line!!! hahahahaha.....

Bugeye Mafia #307