New 09 WRX starter mods
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 09 WRX starter mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone!! I just got a new 09WRX premium and I love it. but I got into it not knowing ...

Question New 09 WRX starter mods

Hey everyone!! I just got a new 09WRX premium and I love it. but I got into it not knowing too much about it and the whole subie world that comes with. What are some good starter mods to make it all the car it can be?? I'm no racer but I enjoy a fun car that performs well and sounds/looks awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rockjunkie View Post
    Hey everyone!! I just got a new 09WRX premium and I love it. but I got into it not knowing too much about it and the whole subie world that comes with. What are some good starter mods to make it all the car it can be?? I'm no racer but I enjoy a fun car that performs well and sounds/looks awesome!
    cobb accessport.

Then turbo back exhaust after you've been stage one for a little bit.

It'll put out more power than you'd imagine.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Do you want to keep your warranty? I wouldnt go messing around with a accessport. I am not about to chance my warranty so my list is pretty short for now.

Cargo mat
    Floor mats
    Mud flaps
    Boost and oil pressure gauges
    Battery hold down
    Window tint
    CD/ radio

And someday a cat back and maybe some suspension/ handling goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_boy02 View Post
    Do you want to keep your warranty? I wouldnt go messing around with a accessport. I am not about to chance my warranty so my list is pretty short for now.

Cargo mat
    Floor mats
    Mud flaps
    Boost and oil pressure gauges
    Battery hold down
    Window tint
    CD/ radio

And someday a cat back and maybe some suspension/ handling goodies.
    how do you figure an accessport will void your warranty?...thats the whole point of them being able to flash back to stock.
    2009 SPT WRX.
    Cobb AccessPort Stage 2. Cobb Downpipe.
    Cobb Short Shift/Bushings. SPT Cat-Back.
    Perrin Turbo Inlet. HKS SSQV.
    6000k HIDs. Lamin-X Headlights & Tailights.
    Pioneer Nav, Bluetooth & Sirius.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpruceGoose View Post
    how do you figure an accessport will void your warranty?...thats the whole point of them being able to flash back to stock.
    I had this same question to and it got answered like a week ago. Supposelly your subie has 3 open spots for new maps from when subie dealers need to update your car. Well when you use the accessport it adds 7 new spots to your ecu. Though it does take a while for the subie dealer to find this out. Say if you have a blown engine and if they have to go diggin around they will probably find it. Though I've also heard some dealers are up and down about it and you could get away with some things.

My 2 cents

On the other hand its a good started mod and goes great to building your car.
    *You car might be faster then mine, but my bike will smoke you any day *

Stink-Eye-Mob#5

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpruceGoose View Post

Because they are traceable, and dealerships are shady and will take any chance they can to save money. And really for the most part when it comes to bumping the power of a stock car I dont blame them. Send an email to Cobb or any other company and ask them to guarantee their product is untraceable.....

If you want to do it cool. But I dont think taking the chance is worth it.

I would drive your auto for some time see what you want out of it first... decide what you like and what you dont.. decide what you want and what you want more of... then go from there...

But in the mean time, TINT is always a great way to improve the look of your car... the very first thing I had done was window tint... My buddy owns a tint shop..

PLUG >>> xpertint in ohio tell em a fat kid called scott who owns a wrx sent ya he will hook you up.. his name is DJ... does good work lifetime warranty on tint...

aside from that, since you have an 09 if you get snow in your area maybe some now tires would be a an idea... work on that sound system thats always a good upgrade...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

A tree air freshner

SPT branded products will NOT void your warranty. So see if you can get the SPT catback exhaust for your car... That was one of the first things I did to my 08' also maybe a drop in panel filter to replace the OEM crap - AVO makes a nice one, so does K&N but I'd stay from it due to the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by rockjunkie View Post
    What are some good starter mods to make it all the car it can be??
    I <3 SASHA.M

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.