2010 WRX- thinking of buying - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX- thinking of buying within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I got some more questions. What are the stock shocks that come with the car. Are they upgraded or just ...

I got some more questions.

What are the stock shocks that come with the car. Are they upgraded or just factory no name shocks.

Does it come with k&n air filter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dunno about the brand of the dampers, but they're rated to work with the springs that come on the car. A set of "sport" springs should also work fine with the factory dampers. Only drawback is a slightly shorter service life.

as for the air filter, mine came with a standard run of the mill subaru filter. I had to add my K&N on my own
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Odd- at 581 miles on the odometer, it took the wrx about 7 seconds to get started. Is this a bad sign? It's working now.
    Last edited by Les Bill; 11-30-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Was it cold and parked at a nose up hill angle? Mine did the same thing a few days ago at my Grandparents place. Only once in 5k mi so far.. but it cranked for a little while before it would start. Long enough that on the first try I released the key thinkin "that aint normal" .. then tried again and she fired right up.

has been fine since. Probably had 4k n change for miles on it when it did it.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I'm a new owner since July this year, bought an '09 sedan WRX. I traded in my 2000 GrandPrix GTP of over 7 years.

Things I don't like...
    I'm 6'3 and thin, plenty of leg room and shoulder room but the steering wheel could come out farther, I've got long legs. Good room though, not like my GP, but still good. "Premium" stereo sucks, no bass, marginal treble. My passenger door vibrates when theres any type of bass, I thought it was a blown speaker Should come with a short throw shifter, I'm already tired of the stock one.

Things I do like....
    Handles great, now I'm comparing this to my ocean liner GP, but still one of the better handling cars I test drove. I have tried my hardes to get it sideways in the rain, still have yet to do it. Scary power, I've driven the car for a few months now and I still scare myself as to how quick it is, I'm sure I'll get bored soon (my GP was only a few tenths slower than what the WRX is supposed to be stock). Good gas mileage (as long as you don't hammer it all the time).

I was a skeptic to....didn't really "need" a car but I was in the same perdicerment as you (costly repairs and trouble brewing). The only suggestion you should take is to test drive till the dealers are pissed and do your research on pricing and financing deals. Good credit does pay off BTW....

I had an 02' WRX and an 06' STi. I would have gotten an 10' except they dont make STi with automatic. I guess I have outgrown the car.....

I have never had an major mechanical issues with my Subarus, and I do abuse it sometimes.
    SGV_SUBBY

10' EVO X MR Touring
    08' Infiniti EX35
    04' Toyota Rav 4
    06' Yamaha R6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12