Thinking of getting a 2010 WRX?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting a 2010 WRX?! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just get an 09'. Dealers (at least around me) are giving them away. Same car as the 2010 from what ...

Just get an 09'. Dealers (at least around me) are giving them away. Same car as the 2010 from what I've read minus a few options.
    2009 WRX
    2001 Audi S4 (Sold)
    2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq(Sold)
    1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
    1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
    2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by VenomInside View Post
    Just get an 09'. Dealers (at least around me) are giving them away. Same car as the 2010 from what I've read minus a few options.
    No '09 left over here, I've decided to wait until next year to watch how the engine problems are handled(if the bugs get worked out)and the Charger will be paid off! I may just get an STi then? I don't see the $10k extra being worth it but maybe the '11 or '12 will get a little more power?!

Quote Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
    I've been searching around some more today a little confused on somethings like: Cobb states that a CAI is pretty much useless unless your 450whp( or so) their stage two tune is just a drop in filter, TBE and the tune itself(map) and only 19 hp gain? But yet Perrin is advertising their stage two: http://http://www.perrinperformance....ry=62&model=23

Is the 68 ft lbs and 46 whp just inflated numbers(fake) for sale purposes or is Cobb's tune just that mild( Perrin has it's special map with their tune which states it's more aggresssive)?

Also are up pipes a good mod power wise?

I'm sorry for all the questions but I don't want to buy stuff the ECM is going to cancel out or whatever.

Once again Thanks for any and all help!
    Cobbs site does not say at 19 hp gain at all. It say a 19% gain in HP. So take your stock crank hp and multiply it by .19 and you get a 50 hp gain over stock.

Perrins dyno graph are at the wheels. Thats a pretty close estimate of what you will be making at the wheels.
    Last edited by Liquidr1; 11-21-2009 at 07:14 AM.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidr1 View Post
    Cobbs site does not say at 19 hp gain at all. It say a 19% gain in HP. So take your stock crank hp and multiply it by .19 and you get a 50 hp gain over stock.

Perrins dyno graph are at the wheels. Thats a pretty close estimate of what you will be making at the wheels.
    liquid, Sorry. I can't believe I looked at that wrong. I guess I'm losing it!

TY for the correction! that is a nice gain for like $1100!

Cool

I just noticed you have an '09 with the Perrin stage one. So it must be a big difference? have you been to the track(any before and after timeslips?)? Once again Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
    I just noticed you have an '09 with the Perrin stage one. So it must be a big difference? have you been to the track(any before and after timeslips?)? Once again Thanks for the help!
    nope, ive never tracked any of my cars. i dont believe in the wear and tear.

But i can assure you going stage 1 or 2 is well worth it.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomInside View Post
    any idea of the differences?

Quote Originally Posted by schaffer View Post
    any idea of the differences?
    Honestly the only difference that I have heard of so far is the 2010's have an extra emblem on the back... other than that I haven't heard of any other changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim620X View Post
    Honestly the only difference that I have heard of so far is the 2010's have an extra emblem on the back... other than that I haven't heard of any other changes.
    IIRC, there is also an option for leather seats
    2009 WRX
    2001 Audi S4 (Sold)
    2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq(Sold)
    1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
    1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
    2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)

nope, ive never tracked any of my cars. i dont believe in the wear and tear.

But i can assure you going stage 1 or 2 is well worth it.
    Liquid, TY!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tim620X View Post
    that emblem adds twenty H.P.!!lol!JK!

I just bought a 2010 wrx and got the stage 2 cobb kit, and my parts guy was like without the access port i shouldnt put the downpipe in yet because your tuning the exhaust with no engine tune. im getting my stage 2 kit installed as soon as it comes out in a couple weeks, i'd wait instead of possibly messing stuff ex... turbo

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sccoby823 View Post
    I just bought a 2010 wrx and got the stage 2 cobb kit, and my parts guy was like without the access port i shouldnt put the downpipe in yet because your tuning the exhaust with no engine tune. im getting my stage 2 kit installed as soon as it comes out in a couple weeks, i'd wait instead of possibly messing stuff ex... turbo
    sccoby, Keep us up to date with your upgrades and if you think they are worth it or not, please!

will do, cobb is slacking in the wrx department, but i installed my rally armor today but its pouring out so no pics
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sccoby823 View Post
    will do, cobb is slacking in the wrx department, but i installed my rally armor today but its pouring out so no pics
    Cool, I'll stay tuned! I'm thinking of getting a built('02-'05) WRX or STi right now but who knows?
    Last edited by lovingit; 02-07-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: put an f where a r belonged!! ;-P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12