Unmodded Turbo Subura reliability?

This is a discussion on Unmodded Turbo Subura reliability? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi All, I'm seriously considering getting a 2010 Sub WRX, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with an ...

Unmodded Turbo Subura reliability?

Hi All,

I'm seriously considering getting a 2010 Sub WRX, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with an unmodded Turbo Subaru, that occasionally goes to the track? This is how I plan to use mine, but haven't been able to find any good reliability stories for this setup (unmodded turbo that see's some track time). Ideally I'm looking to get 15 years and/or 200,000km out of it (which ever comes first).

Thanks for any info,
    Mech.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you keep up with matinence and treat her right you'll be fine. There are members here who have over 200,000 miles on theirs ( not sure of the km conversion.)

Also what kind of occasional track use? two of the most popular uses would be drag racing and auto-x. Drag racing could put your clutch at risk. Autocross can sometimes be stressful too

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Also what kind of occasional track use? two of the most popular uses would be drag racing and auto-x. Drag racing could put your clutch at risk. Autocross can sometimes be stressful too
    They have 'lapping' days at a local track where you can drive around the tarmac race track. It's not really 'racing' per se, you can't pass unless the car in front waves you by, and the cars are staggered on the track. I'd be doing that once a month (except during the winter).

I Support ClubWRX
    You should be totally fine. I'd submit that you'll probably get more life out of an unmodded Suby than a modded one with proper care. If you upgraded the suspension bits and left the engine be you should be in for a great time at lapping days.