Ummm Neww hellppppp

This is a discussion on Ummm Neww hellppppp within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, lots of writing to do here. I work at a GM dealership in Houston and I have some questions. ...

Ummm Neww hellppppp

Ok, lots of writing to do here. I work at a GM dealership in Houston and I have some questions. I have never worked on or around subies and I'm not really sure if this is a good deal. Also I have a few questions about subarus in general.

Alright well there is a technician up at my job and he has a 2002 subaru wrx blue. He bought it from a freind that needed help getting rid of it. His friend drove it through high water and I guess it sucked up water and so basically he has redone the wholleeeee thing. Here is a list of what he has done.

1) He has replaced the block with a rebuilt one from a guy on Ebay.

2) He is in the process of replacing the clutch but has had some problems because he got the wrong one. it will be done once I get it... if i get it.

3) He has redone the whole exhaust on the car headers to muffler.

4) He is putting new brakes all the way around.

He has some other stuff but I can't remember. but it will be running if i get it in about 3 weeks.

He wants $5,000. Which I'm 16 and this will be my first car and it is also my limit on what I can spend right now.

What do yall think I should do if I pass ill either be getting a grand prix, grand am or chevy truck.

I also have a couple questions.

1) Are they hard to work on, because I will be doing it myself most of the time(Don't have the money to pay someone.)

2) Do they need alot of work to maintain??? I plan to put synthetic every 3000 on the dot. To make sure I dont have any problems with that.

I'll post pics later got to go to church.

Thanks for the help guys!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i wouldnt buy it. i think u will be spending alot of money to fix his problems in the future. does it have a downpipe and engine management?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

^ That. Also, my advice would be to not have an AWD powered turbo car as your first car at the age of 16.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

yeah man imo i wouldnt do it i mean its a hell of a deal but i would have to agree with the other guys on here by saying you might be setting yourself up for a tons of problems. if you keep you ear out man you can find other good deals maybe a little more expensive but it would be worth spending the extra money and knowing for a fact you wouldnt have any problems down the road but whatever you decide good luck man