Ok, lots of writing to do here. I work at a GM dealership in Houston and I have some questions. I have never worked on or around subies and I'm not really sure if this is a good deal. Also I have a few questions about subarus in general.
Alright well there is a technician up at my job and he has a 2002 subaru wrx blue. He bought it from a freind that needed help getting rid of it. His friend drove it through high water and I guess it sucked up water and so basically he has redone the wholleeeee thing. Here is a list of what he has done.
1) He has replaced the block with a rebuilt one from a guy on Ebay.
2) He is in the process of replacing the clutch but has had some problems because he got the wrong one. it will be done once I get it... if i get it.
3) He has redone the whole exhaust on the car headers to muffler.
4) He is putting new brakes all the way around.
He has some other stuff but I can't remember. but it will be running if i get it in about 3 weeks.
He wants $5,000. Which I'm 16 and this will be my first car and it is also my limit on what I can spend right now.
What do yall think I should do if I pass ill either be getting a grand prix, grand am or chevy truck.
I also have a couple questions.
1) Are they hard to work on, because I will be doing it myself most of the time(Don't have the money to pay someone.)
2) Do they need alot of work to maintain??? I plan to put synthetic every 3000 on the dot. To make sure I dont have any problems with that.
I'll post pics later got to go to church.
Thanks for the help guys!!!!!!!