Convincing/Questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Convincing/Questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, Im looking at 04 wrx with 75k miles on it. Im trying to convince my Dad to look at ...

Convincing/Questions

Hey, Im looking at 04 wrx with 75k miles on it. Im trying to convince my Dad to look at it but he wants be to get 07 or newer car. Any ideas on convincing?

Also want to know when the transmission on one would generally replaced(# of miles?) and how much it would cost.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Who's paying for this vehicle?

Get the newest vehicle with the most up to date recommended service completed with the lowest miles and the least amount of modifcations.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

My dad is going to pay for a majority of it. Ill put money in and slowly pay him back. Max spending is about 12grand. For the 07 or newer he wants me to get a civic or something.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    if your dad is paying for the majority of it, let him pick whatever he wants.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    ha ha ha, she has a point there.... he who pays decides whats for dinner.... lol

I would show him evidence of Subaru being a safer vehicle with the AWD feature, or something along those lines. Tell him you are trying to be an adult about things and purchasing a Subaru WRX 4 door sedan shows you are serious
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

ya ya i know its funny but i want to drive a car ill actually take care of and enjoy. hes kinda of giving me choice anyways.
    anyone know about the transmission question.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    part of your question cant be answered. it all depends on maintenance and driving habits. also whether or not the car was previously modded & then put back to stock could be a factor also

a properly driven & well taken care of tranny should last well over 75k miles

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripes View Post
    ya ya i know its funny but i want to drive a car ill actually take care of and enjoy. hes kinda of giving me choice anyways.
    honestly I think the trans mission issue will all depend on previous owners and how they maintained or took care of the car. People have well over 150k miles on stock transmissions. Its all depending on the outside variables like maintinance or modification or driver abuse. Things like this always make buying used such a crap shoot. But good luck with whatever car you do get.

^^^^ she beat me to it.... damn her.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

I would hope my kid would take of any car I bought them, regardless if they like it or not. Consider your self lucky to have a father who would even do such a thing, let alone an almost brand new car.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey, Im looking at 04 wrx with 75k miles on it. Im trying to convince my Dad to look at it but he wants be to get 07 or newer car. Any ideas on convincing?
    No. He's right.

Also want to know when the transmission on one would generally replaced(# of miles?) and how much it would cost.
    Thousands. Time depends on previous driver, you, and luck.

For the 07 or newer he wants me to get a civic or something.
    He's right again.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Consider your self lucky to have a father who would even do such a thing, let alone an almost brand new car.
    Very lucky.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

very good answer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post

Haha, aight thanks guys. I might have to give in.

are you serious kid? your dad is paying for your car and your going to complain about what he gets for you? your lucky hes not making you buy one yourself and you wind up with a car out of the junk yard for 500 bucks but instead WANTS to get you a 07+ your crazy man...YOU BETTER take care and ENJOY whatever your father gets you and appreciate the fact your dad is doing something like that for you..i just dont think a turbo car is something your ready to handle right now..drive the car he gets you and love it for the next 10 years until you have enough money to buy your own subie

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    are you serious kid? your dad is paying for your car and your going to complain about what he gets for you? your lucky hes not making you buy one yourself and you wind up with a car out of the junk yard for 500 bucks but instead WANTS to get you a 07+ your crazy man...YOU BETTER take care and ENJOY whatever your father gets you and appreciate the fact your dad is doing something like that for you..i just dont think a turbo car is something your ready to handle right now..drive the car he gets you and love it for the next 10 years until you have enough money to buy your own subie
    x2

dont be a spoiled little bastard and ***** about a nearly free car. Besides, your pop is thinkin reliability and safety as any parent should be... in both cases newer is better and if this is your first ride you sure as hell dont need a awd turbo car. Sorry kid, you'll shoot your eye out. (aka, find guard rails at a speed you cant handle)
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You're extrememly lucky he's willing to pay for your first car, I had to pay for every penny of mine.

With regards to the transmission, it all depends on how you drive it, how much power is being put through it, and how well it's maintained. They are very finicky and if you don't treat them well, they won't treat you well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast