Convincing/Questions - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Convincing/Questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ive had to pay for every one of my cars. My firs vehicle was a 1975 Dodge Dart. I had ...

Ive had to pay for every one of my cars. My firs vehicle was a 1975 Dodge Dart. I had to almost completely restore it because it had sat so long. The floor board under the drivers gas and brake pedal was rusted out so I could see the road, the paint was all dull now to a really nice baby poop brown, tires were all dry rotted, all hoses and lines that were rubber were cracked and split. But I bought it a year before I was able to drive it and took my time fixing it, total purchase was about 1500 dollars and sold it a year after driving for 4000, it had the original 15k miles. Gotta love a car that the auto maker has to stop building cause the motor was to reliable and they didnt make any money on service or repair (slant 6 225)
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My thoughts have already been said.

Take what you get and by happy learning on it. No need to get anything remotely fast for your first car.

Take care of whatever you are given....never know when you might need another hand out later in life.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I completly give in. didnt mean to come across as spoiled or anything like that. I just really like the wrx. it probally is too fast for me to handle anyways. thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's also more expensive to own and run than the Honda. The Honda has better insurance rates, fuel consumption, and rated reliability.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripes View Post
    I completly give in. didnt mean to come across as spoiled or anything like that. I just really like the wrx. it probally is too fast for me to handle anyways. thanks.
    No worries man enjoy whatever car you get and drive it till it dies..in the mean time read read read read...everything on this website..learn as much as you can and then by the time you have enough money to buy your own WRX you will know exactly what to do with it and you will be MUCH MUCH better off and trust me your WRX will thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripes View Post
    lol, He was merely asking for info here, hahah not a flaming. But on that note, driving maturity is different for everyone. I know several people who drive faster high performance cars that are younger than me and have never had a problem. Regardless, it's better to be safe (and save the bundles on insurance). I would go with as cheap of a honda that's in good working order as you can find. Drive that for a few years and save up your cash, then you'll have the behind the wheel time and money to upgrade! Plus a good argument for your dad, should you be accident free after a few years.
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

Quote Originally Posted by CmrnDrgn View Post
    lol, He was merely asking for info here, hahah not a flaming. But on that note, driving maturity is different for everyone. I know several people who drive faster high performance cars that are younger than me and have never had a problem. Regardless, it's better to be safe (and save the bundles on insurance). I would go with as cheap of a honda that's in good working order as you can find. Drive that for a few years and save up your cash, then you'll have the behind the wheel time and money to upgrade! Plus a good argument for your dad, should you be accident free after a few years.
    Well said!

Hope I didn't come off as flaming the op, interest in a great car should never be shot down. Its just a lot of car for a first ride, and almost every first car (or in my case a jeep cherokee) takes a unfair amount of abuse.. no matter the intent of the owner.. it just happens that way

dig whatcha get and run the wheels off it while you save up the coin for something you'll really enjoy.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

nothing wrong with generous parents. if youre careful with your first car and baby it to death you can be alright and drive a WRX. Do a lot of research on any car you get and if it is indeed a WRX then youre in the right place to learn!

It would be my second car, my sister is taking my 95 toyota so she can bang it up ive been driving for about 2 years now.

I've been driving a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis that my mom and dad gave me in 2006 when my mom got a new Mercury Montego. And I've taken damn good care of it and was thankful for it. Be happy with what you have and don't worry about what you want. It's all like the Mick Jagger sang... "You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you just might find, you get what you need."

Now that I've graduated from university and am one of the lucky few in the class of 2009 to have a proper job I'm going to buy a 2010 WRX sometime this spring/summer. And I'm gonna pay cash.

Trust me, these things work out.

Damn, Ill keep that in mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.