New wrx owner from charlotte
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New wrx owner from charlotte within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys. I am a diehard dsm guy. I have built many fast dsms and even a 430whp evo. My ...

New wrx owner from charlotte

Hi guys. I am a diehard dsm guy. I have built many fast dsms and even a 430whp evo. My 90 awd eclipse is taken apart right now getting a new clutch and turbo setup. I am going with a shearer topmount manifold and a bw s366 turbo. My old turbo setup made 560 hp. I have been fascinated with wrx's lately and need a nice daily driver so I have decided to purchase a 2002 wrx. It is silver and has a 5 speed. I dont know too much about these cars but I have put a transmission in a wrx one time at my old job. I am picking the car up sunday evening and I cant wait. I am very excited. I dont want to go all out with this car. I just want around 350hp and I will be good. Hope to learn a lot here and will post pics of the ride when I get it.
    Last edited by bigturbo; 11-06-2009 at 09:15 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Okay I got the car sunday and I love it. I think this is a great all around car. It handles like its on rails. I really like the stock suspension and how smooth it is. If all goes well I am planning on going to a DSM/Subaru shootout next weekend at the 1/4 mile track. I wont be racing it but just watching and hanging out with friends. I might drag race it once I get a different turbo. I have been looking at either a 16g or a fp 68 hta.

Welcome, btw im in greensboro.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

ok cool I bought my car in Greensboro. I actually grew up there so I know a few people there who drive wrx's.

Congrats I just got a 09 WRX as well looks like a great community

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.