06 Subaru impreza 2.5i???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Subaru impreza 2.5i??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone!! New to the site and I was hoping for some insite from a few of u? I bought ...

Post 06 Subaru impreza 2.5i???

Hey everyone!! New to the site and I was hoping for some insite from a few of u? I bought an 06 impreza that has a 2.5 liter. I was told my car would only run 5 pounds of boost? Can some help me and give me some use ideas on what to do to my car??
    Thanks for the help
    Trent W.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Your car doesn't run any boost.

Stick with suspension. Power-wise your car is pretty tapped out unless you're willing to spend huge amounts of money.

Adding a turbo charger to that engine isn't recommended.

Like brfatal said, stick to suspension, adding HP to the non-turbo 2.5L is really expensive.

What is your budget?

All depends I guess I pull in around 6-8 Hundo a week so?? But I also have bills?? Would you say I got a good deal on my car?? It's an 06 impreza 2.5i with 37000 miles very clean, and well taken care of!! I bought it for 13000???

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    sounds like a decent deal. However if you were looking for a car to run boost or have a turbo for that matter you should have done a little more research.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I'm not really sure what I wanna do?? Can u help me think of some ideas to do with this ride?? I'm new to souping up cars? So any info would be helpful... Suspension is all I've heard so far?? Thank for all the great advice!!

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    suspension, wheels, tires, sound system, stuff to make it look how you want, if it has a wingless trunk and you want a spoiler im sure you can find someone to trade you trunks (WRX/STI owners love wingless). Ummm......other than that if you truly want a turbo car with more power. I'd say your better off selling that car and buying a WRX, there is just no reasonable way to make a 2.5i much faster than it comes from the factory.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

what do you guys think about adding these to my ride!???
    exhaust headers intake throttle body intake manifold??

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Header, catback, hybrid intake, and tune. And then stop with power mods there. That might get you enough power that will actually register on your butt-dyno. From then on focus on what was mentioned above.

What about installing a chip as well??

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Black&white View Post
    What about installing a chip as well??
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Header, catback, hybrid intake, and tune. And then stop with power mods there. That might get you enough power that will actually register on your butt-dyno. From then on focus on what was mentioned above.
    I addressed that. If you're referring to some "speed" chip, I have a bridge to sell you.

Im guessin I kinda screwed myself with buying the 2.5i for soupin it up? I was curious why the impreza had a bigger engine the the wrx... Smaller engine can handle the heat! I might be wrong thou??
    Thank for all your advice everyone u are all awsome and thanks for makin me feel welcome instead of feeling like only certain people can have subaru( as in the cool people) ha ha

THANKS AGAIN everyone

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    It doesn't. The 2006 WRX had a 2.5L motor as well. It's not just size that matters (), the N/A Impreza's motors are inferior to the 2.5L WRX and STI motors, as well earlier 2.0L motors, when it comes to adding performance. ie SOHC vs DOHC, weaker internals, and higher compression ratio.

N/A Subaru motors have never been that great for modding (the current 2.5i is supposed to take to mods a lot better though). These setups come pretty maxed out out of the factory. The turbocharged models tend to be the opposite, with plenty left on the table with easy access.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Here is an example of why people recommend suspension for your car. A few years ago some shop (it wasn't a big one, I forget the name) build an autocross 2.5RS. They spent over $20,000 (parts, not including labor) building a non-turbocharged setup that only ran low 14s in the quarter mile. That's what that generation WRX (2.0L) ran stock. But that car ate stock WRXs alive on an autocross course.

I see so it nit good for drag racing bit amazing for drifting and what not ( courses with lots of turns and such) well I'm glad to know all this info thanks again

T_Dub.

What about throwing some NOS into the mix

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.