Engine problem?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Engine problem? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I need to insight on a possible engine problem I have a 2002 wrx wagon. Stock. When I start my ...

Engine problem?

I need to insight on a possible engine problem

I have a 2002 wrx wagon. Stock.

When I start my car and drive I hear a ticking or tapping sound.

What could my problem be?

Exhaust leak? Maybe cracked valve seat?

Please give me some ideas on what my problem could be. I will take a video of the sound in the morning Maybe that will help with any confusion.

Tha m you for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We all have ticking and tapping sounds when we start our motors.... Your going to have to give us more info if you really think you have an issue
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

here is a video of the noise.

im unsure of where it is coming from

YouTube - 02 wrx engine noise?

Its a little hard to hear the sound over other motor noise but I do hear what your talking about... how many miles do you have on your subaru? Please keep in mind that our boxer motors are notorious for being noisy and obnoxious with sounds. With the horizontal design, leaves a great area for valve and other engine noise to come out. You may just be hearing the motor. I really dont hear anything to cause alarm... however keep an ear to it if your really worried about it if it gets louder have subaru check it out if you have your drive train warranty still
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Eh, sounds like my car has for the last 6 years on a cold start. I hear the Klack Klack Klack.

If it goes away when it warms up I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it is an actual problem like a rod bearing there isn't anything you can do about it anyway.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Thanks for the input.

I would take to Subaru but it's and hour and a half drive there and I work almost 7days a week

it still does the 'klack' or 'clack' after it heats up. But awhile after it heats up it goes away. I drove around tonight for about a half hour and noise went away.

Yeah your fine... try and relax stop being paranoid

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.