another newbie on the board

This is a discussion on another newbie on the board within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi Everyone Just saying hello! I've had my 07 wrx for a while now, and just recently a friend got ...

another newbie on the board

Hi Everyone Just saying hello!

I've had my 07 wrx for a while now, and just recently a friend got rid of his subaru and took his parts off and installed them for me, an injen intake and blitz nur spec exhaust. I think i made out pretty well by only paying 300 bucks for it. But i've been wondering if i should have done anything else before adding them on? Car has been running fine except for a CEL which came on. Got it checked out and cleared and it seems that cyl 4 was misfiring. I have an appointment to go get new spark plugs changed because they were due anyway. At 50,000 miles in 2 years i've done alot of driving.... And i've also been wondering what's the best synthetic motor oil to put into the car? My friend keeps saying to put synthetic in, but he fails to mention which one...each time. So any Suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I run Castrol syntec, stay away from Mobil 1, lots of people who spin rod bearings are more often than not using mobil 1.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    remove the injen intake ASAP & get your stock one back on or another intake thats properly designed

also, did you install a TBE or a catback? if it was a TBE make sure that you get tuned if you havent already

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks for the Replies guys and girls! The current setup is a catback, and im also due for an oil change and a bunch of other fluids, it's going to be fun month, especially with the weather getting colder....And Which intake would you suggest instead if the cold air intake from injen?