Alarm not working with Turbo Timer
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Alarm not working with Turbo Timer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey folks, yes another new guy. I'm definitely not new to the import scene tho. anyways, I just got a ...

Red face Alarm not working with Turbo Timer

Hey folks, yes another new guy. I'm definitely not new to the import scene tho. anyways, I just got a Clifford G5 Intelliguard 770 installed on my 03 WRX Wagon. The installer/sales guy told me the alarm would work perfectly with my existing turbo timer. so i agree to go with the G5 instead of the Viper 3002 i origignally intended on installing. 8 hours later, the alarm is in and he tells me the anti car jack feature won't work and will not kill the car due to the way the turbo timer is wired to the ignition. fine. okay that sucks, but to add to my disappointment, i have to wait until the timer has shut off the car before i can arm my alarm. i'm going out of town for a couple weeks and leaving the car at a friends house on the street, so i need the alarm for at least that long. any advice? i've been had.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey man. i dont think you are in need of another turbo timer. instead get your service man replaced

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What I don't understand is why you have the turbo timer on in the first place. For one thing, you have a drop fed turbo with a reserve tank on TOP of the engine that is specifically designed to feed coolant into the turbo after the engine has shut off. Turbo timers are a big waste of time and money on Subaru's.

You can't have one feature that keeps the engine from running while you have another that's trying to KEEP the engine running.

If I were you, I'd remove the turbo timer, and just deal with sitting in the car for a few seconds longer when you park before you turn it off. Who's really in that big of a rush anyways?
    Last edited by xxxxxxxAnub1s; 10-31-2009 at 04:11 AM.

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    so you're saying the setup on the WRX is that good to where turbo timers wont help prolong the life of the turbo?
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

i'm going out of town for a couple weeks and leaving the car at a friends house on the street ...

If he were a true friend he would put in his garage ... Yikes ... Could never leave my WRX on the "Street" ... Scary thoughts this holloween Boo ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveliterbeater View Post
    so you're saying the setup on the WRX is that good to where turbo timers wont help prolong the life of the turbo?
    It's designed specifically for that purpose. The extra coolant tank mounted near the turbo is made specifically to keep the temps down in the turbo after you shut off the car, so yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

If you're that paranoid about it, just sit in the car for about 15 seconds after parking.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndSuby View Post
    i'm going out of town for a couple weeks and leaving the car at a friends house on the street ...

If he were a true friend he would put in his garage ... Yikes ... Could never leave my WRX on the "Street" ... Scary thoughts this holloween Boo ...
    Not all people have a garage broski

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Not all people have a garage broski
    *Raises hand*
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.