New '04 owner in CT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New '04 owner in CT within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have wanted a WRX since the day they first came out, and I finally picked up my silver 2004 ...

New '04 owner in CT

I have wanted a WRX since the day they first came out, and I finally picked up my silver 2004 the other day. So far, I really love it. My last car was a 2003 Nissan Sentra Spec-V that I owned for 5 1/2 years, and put 150,000 miles on it. It had I/H/E and upgraded brakes, but that was it. So I'm hoping that this one will last me as long, with the same number of mechanical problems (zero). Only time will tell, but I will definitely be taking care of it like I have every one of my cars. My long term upgrade plans involve absolutely nothing, with the exception of replacing the worst sounding stock stereo system I have ever heard. So yeah, hi everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats, it looks really clean man! Bump for another New Englander ha
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    looks good bud! anyway you can share some details of your purchase?

how much down? how much a month? extended warranties? i'm currently looking for a WRX as a DD and i love it's practicality, looks and feautres.

Sure, I could share some details. I bought the car from a dealer for $13,700. It's a 2004 with 46,xxx miles on it. One owner, clean car-fax, etc. I put down $3,000. My monthly payment is about $240 per month. For the year/mileage, this was by far the lowest I could find from a dealership (my finance company makes it a pain in the ass to buy from a private seller...obviously I could have saved money going that route though). However, there was one on Ebaymotors, also from a dealer, that was a 2004 with 60,000 miles that ended up being sold for $10,600. Unfortunately, I missed the end of the auction so I lost that one. Bottom line is: don't let anyone convince you that these cars are selling like hot-cakes. Other cars I was looking at were the Mazdaspeed 6, and VW Gti. And with all three of these, the dealerships were acting like they were Ferraris - essentially talking me out of it multiple times. I'm not sure if I sound young, but I'm 29 and I think they all just assume that teenagers are trying to joy-ride in their vehicles even with no intention of purchasing. I watched this same car on Autotrader for more than a month. When they were asking $14,900 for it, that was "as low as they could go". Sure. A couple weeks later, they cut $1,000 off the asking price. That's when I became interested. Of course the day I went down to see it finally- "someone had already put down an un-official deposit on it, another guy is coming from up-state NY to look at it tommorrow, and he's VERY interested." Typical run-around BS to make you think that even though you've seen it online for more than a month, today is the day it WILL sell. I think next time I will only deal privately.

I believe you did well with your purchase. Here in Orlando there is an 04' WRX Black with 97,xxx miles and he wants 11,000. I was shocked at the asking price as just a year prior I had purchased my 04' Aspen White WRX with 47,xxx miles for 10,500 after he was asking 13,500. I test drove it and said I was interested but couldnt afford the price so if he was interested in dealing to call me. Well about a month later car was still there and I ended up getting it for what I could afford. But all in all I think you did well with your purchase, great car looks real clean and the miles are real low. Nice job and post some more pics when you can. Congrats and welcome to the club.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus311 View Post
    Sure, I could share some details. I bought the car from a dealer for $13,700. It's a 2004 with 46,xxx miles on it.

wow! that is a low price and thank you for telling me; i've been shopping around now for about a month for a WRX and i want an 04 or an 05 but all the ones i find have approx 60-70k miles on them and they want 13,700-14,999. i have 2000 to put down but they wont come down on the price so im just gonna hold out untill they do.

good price bud : )
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.