new subie owner 09 sedan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on new subie owner 09 sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey to everyone, my name is Jay and I've been signed up on this site for a few weeks now, ...

new subie owner 09 sedan

hey to everyone, my name is Jay and I've been signed up on this site for a few weeks now, but never really got to introduce myself properly. im a college student here in the bay area mobbin with my blue wrx impreza. I have a few close friends and a neighbor that have rex's and they tell me that they are quite jelous that I have an 09. they honestly tell me not to do anything to the car and that it is good the way it is right now. well I hope I can maximize my knowledge on my subie with the help of this site and friends.

untill next time,
    Jay

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to ClubWRX!

Your friends are right don't do anything to it just yet. (Wait till the warranty is up)

Before doing any modding do research.

We'll you could do a few things to it. I've added a CBE and short throw shifter so far which have changed it from a sleeper to a screamer. The other mods can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike09 View Post
    We'll you could do a few things to it. I've added a CBE and short throw shifter so far which have changed it from a sleeper to a screamer. The other mods can wait.
    What kind of catback are you running on?

Whats up man, congrads on the car, youll love it im sure, i love mine i got the 5dr though. I have a spt exhaust and a SS, its awesome.
    Bay area.. Like Cali?

B2B Id keep it stock or add either an intake or exhaust, not both or you'll need a tune if you add both and that voids the warranty. Short shifter is great, much less effort shifting, its quick and smooth. Lots of great info on this site man, just explore and youll find tons of stuff. Enjoy.

yes california

Quote Originally Posted by SpoolR View Post
    add either an intake or exhaust, not both or you'll need a tune if you add both and that voids the warranty.
    Right now all intakes available for the 09+ WRX need a tune to work properly.
    Catback exhaust's do not need a tune.
    Turboback exhausts require a tune.
    Yes, you need an EM for engine mods

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysimpreza View Post
    What kind of catback are you running on?
    I got the SPT CBE after hearing it on a 09 WRX. It's probably one of the quieter ones but sounds great when you get on it.
    I agree that adding an CAI needs a custom tune unless you like gambaling.
    Im currently trying out a K&N drop in high flow filter since my old one needed to be replaced.

Congrats. I am in the Bay Area as well and just picked up a new 5-door. Mine came with the SPT cat back and the short shifter. Love the sound of the cat back. Not to intrusive while crusing, but sounds great under throttle.

Enjoy your new ride!

wow thanks everyone, I guess my first ever mod would be a CBE. but what do you guys mean you need a tune? (eg. the intake, downpipe and all the good stuff) does that mean you'll have to retune the ECU?

wow thanks everyone, I guess my first ever mod would be a CBE. but what do you guys mean you need a tune? (eg. the intake, downpipe and all the good stuff) does that mean you'll have to retune the ECU?

there are only a few parts you wont need a tune for... Your CBE you do not need a tune but a turbo back you will.. intakes yes you need a tune... The power gains just stage 1 on the 09's are incredible...

Not having a tune for certain parts will cause damage to your motor... For instance an intake will cause your motor to run very lean, especially since the OEM tune is a bit on the lean side anyway...

And dont expect much from a CBE... Gains are negligible.. the biggest difference you will notice is sound...

HUGE FAN of blue love that you got the sedan too!! iv had mine for about 5 months now and love it...
    Last edited by Poohbear; 10-30-2009 at 09:10 AM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Read this:

CobbTuning.com - Aftermarket Intakes

iPod direct connect for 2009 WRX

I just bought a new 2009 and the dealership says the iPod direct connect won't come out untill the first quater of 2010. The Subaru website said it's avalible now does anyone have or heard of this before?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave09WRX View Post
    I just bought a new 2009 and the dealership says the iPod direct connect won't come out untill the first quater of 2010. The Subaru website said it's avalible now does anyone have or heard of this before?
    never heard of it. what do you mean ipod direct? i bought my subie with the ipod connector already under the arm rest compartment...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    im a college student here in the bay area mobbin with my blue wrx impreza.
    what the heck does that mean lol

totally unfamiliar with california speak (except for HELLA!)

welcome to the club. congrats on the car

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast