Newbie to site, old to subarus

This is a discussion on Newbie to site, old to subarus within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My first Subaru was an old brat in high-school, in college I drove a justy for awhile, and most recently ...

Newbie to site, old to subarus

My first Subaru was an old brat in high-school, in college I drove a justy for awhile, and most recently I had traded my 96 legacy gt in for an Outback XT, which I let the wife have in the divorce. Looking to buy another, but since they don't make the XT anymore, I'm a little lost.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! They do however make the Forester 2.5XT. Guess they stopped making the Outback XT's in 09 as it's not available on the new 10's.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi Welcome aboard.
    Do you have to get a Outback XT?
    The 2010 3.6R Outbacks are very nice. I haven't had a chance to test drive the new Outbacks yet, but I have been in a Legacy 3.6R that car was a very sweet ride. Lots of power at the ready.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

I do like to drive fast, so I wanted the turbo engine. I never really liked the looks of the Forrester, but I wouldn't ride giving the Forrester XTI a shot if they would make it. Subaru's lineup for 2009 includes an Outback XT, and I thought that it didn't. I think a dealer I was at told me it had been discontinued. Guess he just wanted me to buy something he already had. The used ones seem to be way too much. When I bought my 05 in 07, i think I paid about $14000 for it with about 50,000 miles on it. I am nervous about buying an XT used, because a lot of the people who buy a turbo car to begin with are hard on them, as I would be. I just need to go look some more when I get some time.