New here need suggestions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

This is a discussion on New here need suggestions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dont know if this is where i can post it but my question is that im getting my 2010 ...

  1. #1
    Registered User zobispo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    60

    New here need suggestions

    I dont know if this is where i can post it but my question is that im getting my 2010 wrx 5dr and i was wondering what you guys recommend to get on first mods

    My budget is $950

    Which one would you guys suggest to get first

    List 1
    CBE, Shortshifter, HID's, perrin filter, and open source dyno and tune, tints

    List 2
    ksport coilover, shortshifter

    List 3
    stage 2 , TBE

    List 4
    stage 1 dyno and tune opensource, CBE, shortshifter, HID's

    List 5
    volk rims. Question does our car comes with TPSM.

    Any suggestion would you great. which list would you do first

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    List 6:
    Save your money and get: Sway bars, shortshifter + fr/rr bushings, springs, turboback, tune.







    The Perrin filter sucks.

  4. #3
    Registered User zobispo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    60
    what filter do you recommend and do i need a BOV

  5. #4
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,733
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zobispo
    what filter do you recommend and do i need a BOV
    OEM and No
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  6. #5
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    17,926
    I Support ClubWRX


    Also, you may want to explore the links in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

  7. #6
    Registered User zobispo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    60
    thanks bro i'll check it out

  8. #7
    The Fruit mangostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VB VA .. the ghetto on the sea
    Posts
    4,735
    I'm in same boat, though have put about 1600mi on my 2010 5dr thus far.

    did dump a k&n drop in filter in there.. (after break in of course) .. seems to breath a little better on the top end. Probably no power gain but my fuel mileage has gotten better. Though at this point that may even be a bi-product of break in.

    Short shifter or at very least change the bushings. It shifts like a wet noodle. lol.. seriously, for a car designed as well as these are they skipped class on shifter feel day. I plan on changing the bushings and seeing what I think from there, if its not enough I'll go for a short throw unit.

    from what I've seen and read around here and elsewhere about the cat-back systems.. your better off saving more and spending for a full tbe and a tune to match. Unless of course you just want to change the sound, most of the info I've found states that there are negligible gains from just a cbe except for changing the exhaust note.

    I'm a bastard about good lighting on a quick car, the factory headlights are just fine. Actually, next to the previous few cars I've had they're pretty effing nice Halogen or not they work well. No sense in spending there yet unless again, just looking to change the look/presence of the car.

    I did notice some body roll but not an intolerable amount, I may do sway bars n springs at some point in time but for now I think the factory stuff works well. Again just my opinions on the first 1600mi in my 2010. Hope the info helps

    fyi, car does have tpms so if you decide on aftermarket wheels keep that in mind
    Last edited by mangostick; 10-27-2009 at 08:43 PM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

  9. #8
    Registered User zobispo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    60
    thanks for the advice you gave me bro. I'll might just do HIDS, shortshifter then. But for filter beside k&N do other company makes one? I'll have AMS dyno and tune my car once i get the TBE ( they are using opensource).


    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I'm in same boat, though have put about 1600mi on my 2010 5dr thus far.

    did dump a k&n drop in filter in there.. (after break in of course) .. seems to breath a little better on the top end. Probably no power gain but my fuel mileage has gotten better. Though at this point that may even be a bi-product of break in.

    Short shifter or at very least change the bushings. It shifts like a wet noodle. lol.. seriously, for a car designed as well as these are they skipped class on shifter feel day. I plan on changing the bushings and seeing what I think from there, if its not enough I'll go for a short throw unit.

    from what I've seen and read around here and elsewhere about the cat-back systems.. your better off saving more and spending for a full tbe and a tune to match. Unless of course you just want to change the sound, most of the info I've found states that there are negligible gains from just a cbe except for changing the exhaust note.

    I'm a bastard about good lighting on a quick car, the factory headlights are just fine. Actually, next to the previous few cars I've had they're pretty effing nice Halogen or not they work well. No sense in spending there yet unless again, just looking to change the look/presence of the car.

    I did notice some body roll but not an intolerable amount, I may do sway bars n springs at some point in time but for now I think the factory stuff works well. Again just my opinions on the first 1600mi in my 2010. Hope the info helps

    fyi, car does have tpms so if you decide on aftermarket wheels keep that in mind

  10. #9
    The Fruit mangostick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VB VA .. the ghetto on the sea
    Posts
    4,735
    No worries, I'm still learning the car too though so I'm sure there are others that will have more input on what mods will give you the best gains. I've just been lurking and reading as much as I can to learn the ropes. My experience so far though.. the car is seriously fun in factory form. I'm not sure yet if I'll do anything to the driveline until the warranty has run out. I'm def going to do the shifter bushings and possibly some suspension work but really the car is pretty stout. Get it home and break it in.. get some seat time After its broken in and you've been driving it for a while then you'll get a feel of what you want to change.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

  11. #10
    Registered User zobispo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    60
    thanks bro

  12. #11
    Registered User zobispo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    60
    what about the option like this

    i was thinking also of getting coilovers

    which one would you guys suggest to get

    BC racing coilover or turbo xs CBE?

  13. #12
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,733
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zobispo
    what about the option like this

    i was thinking also of getting coilovers

    which one would you guys suggest to get

    BC racing coilover or turbo xs CBE?
    CBE

    Wait until RCE releases springs for the '09, and only then, upgrade
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    What do you need coilovers for?

  15. #14
    Registered User zobispo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    60
    for more stable driving and also thinking of going auto-x

  16. #15
    Registered User zobispo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    60
    needed recommendation which one would you pick

    perrin CBE or Turbo xs CBE?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •