New here need suggestions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New here need suggestions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zobispo for more stable driving and also thinking of going auto-x Unless you're in for more frequent ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zobispo View Post
    for more stable driving and also thinking of going auto-x
    Unless you're in for more frequent racing, coilovers may not be for you. The only ones worth getting are well over the budget that you displayed in your 1st post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its not worth getting cheap coilovers. its far better to get good springs/struts. there are a lot of internals that can go wrong with coilovers and going the cheap route isn't the best way to approach that.

and if your autoX, and think your building to the point you need coilovers then a TBE would do far more for you than some CBE.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    its not worth getting cheap coilovers. its far better to get good springs/struts. there are a lot of internals that can go wrong with coilovers and going the cheap route isn't the best way to approach that.

and if your autoX, and think your building to the point you need coilovers then a TBE would do far more for you than some CBE.
    so which one perrin or turboxs?

well i like the Cobb exhausts. i don't have one i just like them. performance wise i don't think the 2 will have much variance. between the 2 tho? idk perrin i guess.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zobispo
    Whichever you find cheapest used on the Nasioc classifieds section
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Whichever you find cheapest used on the Nasioc classifieds section
    is the turbo xs cbe 3" all the way back to the tip of the muffler?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    is the turbo xs cbe 3" all the way back to the tip of the muffler?
    Do you know what a CBE is?

I know what catback exhaust is. just that the info about the turboxs exhaust mention 3" cbe with 2.5" muffler pipe just making sure if its all 3".

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, misread it. Sounds like it's 2.5" in the rear. Nothing wrong with that. Most WRX exhausts are.

Now before I get started here dont take this as a flame.. cuz its not... but I have to ask, given all the excitement about mods and the somewhat scattered vibe goin on about where to start.. I have this question.

Have you driven the car yet? Like really put a few thousand miles on it? Once you get into the car and start driving it you'll know where n what you want to change to suit it better to your needs. I'm coming out of a 415hp rear drive turbo car and I can tell you that even at 265hp the wrx is no slouch. Its actually alot more fun than the xr4 ever was.

I even noticed that the car seems to get stronger as it breaks in (normal for all cars but its very noticeable in this car) I dont think for autox you'd really have to do anything to the driveline of the car to make it competitive. Good tires are first n foremost, then springs/dampers/sway bars.. even still honing your driving skill and getting more practice will make much faster times even if you only change the tires.

But really, is this going to be strictly a race car or a daily driver that see's the track once in a while?

Are you looking for mods to impress your friends n get attention? (dont laugh, for some people that's more important than actual performance gains)

need to know what exactly you want to do with the car to know what you need to do to it.

the object is to get what you want performance wise without spending two and three times to change mods you didn't/dont need to reach your goal.

Look around here and the other wrx forums, read mang.. there's a buttload of info right at your fingertips
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

of course im looking for performance and suspension stability a car that looks like a sleeper but fast on street and drag. I am still waiting for cobb ap stage available for 2010 wrx. I went to AMS and they can tune my car using open source instead of AP'. the other thing im going to change is the shifter. but right now while im waiting for cobb ap I would like to have a nice tone rumble sound cbe and decent prize. that's why im looking for one and my only choice either perrin or turboxs cbe. the only thing that's hold me to get turboxs cbe because its not 3" all the way back muffler area is 2.5 ". any cbe you guys recommend with 3" all the way back and decent prize that would be great. thanks

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Again, most WRXs have catbacks with 2.5" piping. Almost my entire TBE exhaust is. Why do you need 3"?

because if you have 3" midpipe and 2.5" muffler its still restricting it instead of having a 3" all the way back no restriction .

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    because if you have 3" midpipe and 2.5" muffler its still restricting it instead of having a 3" all the way back no restriction .
    How much power do you plan on making that 2.5" is going to be a big restriction though.

I'm not giving you grief, I'm just letting you know you're making too big of a deal of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12