Just picked up an 02 WRX!

This is a discussion on Just picked up an 02 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright guys, so I just got an 02 WRX about 5 days ago and its been great. I just got ...

Just picked up an 02 WRX!

Alright guys, so I just got an 02 WRX about 5 days ago and its been great. I just got my car out of the shop and had the rear lights fixed(which the stealership charged me $400) and I'm trying to decide what to start with mod wise. A part of me wants to buy an AccessPort v2 as I already have a catback, but another part of me wants to replace this stock Mitsubishi turbo. What's a good way to start with mods/ what have you guys done that's worked well for you in the past?
    Thanks in advance for the help guys,
    James

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey man congrats on the purchase.... get some pics up! and i'l leave the mod comments to those who know what their talkin about
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

Welcome to ClubWRX!

Please read this thread.
    Yes, you need an EM for engine mods

And take a look at the Stickies (FAQ's) in this forum
    Engine Modifications - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums

Really the best place to start is to make sure everything is working correctly. If the rear lights where weird/broken, then there might be something else wrong. Make sure all the maintenance is up to date.

There are lots of options for upgrading these cars.

yep I have actually read both stickies before and thats why I want to go with a Cobb APv2 right away. I DO have a couple questions about it though. After hooking it up can you switch maps on the fly or do you have to take it home to reconfigure it? Also is the AP1 worth saving like $300 or should I just go straight to the AP2? Also if I get a Cobb AP2 is it BETTER to get a Cobb up-pipe and such? I mean a catless up pipe is a peice of bent metal no matter what brand but will Cobb aftermarket parts match up better?
    Thanks for the info already!