HI, im new
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HI, im new within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi im new, my name is Chris. I have an 09 WRB WRX hatch. I traded in my Challenger R/T ...

Registered User stickjohnsonaah's Avatar

HI, im new

Hi im new, my name is Chris. I have an 09 WRB WRX hatch. I traded in my Challenger R/T for this "family car". liking it so far. I am also on NASIOC and 3gwrx. Just saying hi. attached pic of new and old car.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0001.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	85812

Name:	DSCF0005.jpg 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	85813

Name:	DSCF0006.jpg 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	85814

Name:	DSCF0003.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	85811

Name:	IMG00045-20090620-1637.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	85815

Name:	DSCF0008.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	85816

Name:	DSCF0009.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	85817
    Last edited by stickjohnsonaah; 10-20-2009 at 08:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hi welcome to the forum..nice car dude..

Welcome Love that color orange on the r/t on any car. Hope you're having fun with the wrx!
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

I Support ClubWRX
    how would you compare the two?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

welcome dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    how would you compare the two?
    The are 2 completlydifferent animals but I would take the Challenger hands down. It was a complete beast, power all the time. It didn't hook up like the subie but I know for a fact it would run away from my WRX at any rolling race. WRX is alot tighter and better milage. The Challenger would break necks wherever I went from people turning their heads so fast. People always giving me a thumbs up or saying sweet car... is that the new Camaro? But I am happy with the WRX and I need a family car and this was almost $10k cheaper and I can put a family in it. The Challenger was huge on the inside its just the access to the back wasn't best.

Handling=WRX
    power=Challenger
    0-60=WRX
    1/4=Challenger
    sound=Challenger
    looks=Challenger

anything much past 60mph and the challenger would pull away quick due to it only being 2wd instead of AWD.

I did race an 06 stage 2 wrx and he was at my rear bumper from0-70 then I put 4 cars on him to 100 by 120 I had 8+ was to hard to tell by then.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'd have kept the Challenger.

BTW, in the 1/4 mile both cars should be pretty evenly matched. From observation, the WRX is more mod friendly too.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    I'd have kept the Challenger.

BTW, in the 1/4 mile both cars should be pretty evenly matched. From observation, the WRX is more mod friendly too.
    I wouldnt be so sure about that for mod friendly, I know subies bolt on pretty good but everything has to be tuned ith a suby. I put down 334wph and 358wtq stock with the intake pictured above I put down 354whp and 382wtq no tune. exhaust would add another 15-20whp for cat back. I have seen clips and slips of many R/T Challengers running 13.1-13.3 stock, have also seen many near 13.9-14.0 all depends on driver.

I wish I would have kept the Challenger but I just can't right now. In a few years I will have one again.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome to the club!
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Seems a step down.

R/T Charger could've given you the same size & power with easy access to the rear seats and still get AWD.

Maybe down is the wrong word, but I'm mainly referring to the car size. Both are great cars; just different classes.
    Last edited by PurpleMongoose; 10-21-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by stickjohnsonaah View Post
    exhaust would add another 15-20whp for cat back.
    really? that would be interesting.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMongoose View Post
    Seems a step down.

R/T Charger could've given you the same size & power with easy access to the rear seats and still get AWD.

Maybe down is the wrong word, but I'm mainly referring to the car size. Both are great cars; just different classes.
    The Charger only had 340 hp mine had 376hp and 410tq. They redid the Hemi for 09 for the challenger but that engine isn't in the charger for 09. I also can't stand automatics and Chargers are auto only my Challenger was 6spd. believe it or not the size between the rex and Challenger is similar. Challenger was still a bit bigger passenger space wise but put the seats down in the WRX and it has more cargo room than the Challenger. Challenger could fit atleast 4 bodies in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    really? that would be interesting.
    Yup, most people with an intake and exhaust were putting down around 370whp. many people dyno'd their exhaust at more than 20whp like the MBRP exhaust. I'm not talking manufacturer claims either.

No doubt that if the WRX and Challenger had an intake exhaust and a tune the WRX would win in the 1/4. Add headers and the Challenger would win.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.