just got an 05 wrx sti, first impression

This is a discussion on just got an 05 wrx sti, first impression within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just sold my 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe 6MT and bought a 2005 Subaru WRX STi. I live near flagstaff and ...

just got an 05 wrx sti, first impression

Just sold my 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe 6MT and bought a 2005 Subaru WRX STi. I live near flagstaff and needed to down size to one car. The G35 was a nightmare to drive in the snow and the Xterra I had needed $5000 in work done to it. I really don't like driving trucks and I wanted a car with comparable power to the G35 but AWD so I can get around in the snow. I also didn't want to spend more than what I owed on the G35. I sold the G35 for $16,000 and bought the Subaru for $16,500. I drove it 1,600 miles last week and my overall impression is, that it is ok. The G35 was upgraded with an intake penium with a spacer, Injen CAI and dual exhausts and high flow cats. Off the line the Subaru seems a little slower than the infiniti but speeds up very quickly. It seems to speed up faster than the infiniti at highway speeds and dose it much smoother and way more quiet. It seem like the Subaru had more power without the loudness of the G35 esp at 3000 RPM crusing. My ears used to go numb with the G35 lol. The factory suspension seems way better than the original Infiniti suspension but comparable to the complete Cusco and GTSpec upgrade I added to the G35. So so far I am happy with the Subaru. The only thing I didn't like was my insurance went from $485 to $829 every 6 months. We will see how much I like it come the winter!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

You will like it tons more in the winter!
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club