New member from Utah. Looking to get a WRX. :)

This is a discussion on New member from Utah. Looking to get a WRX. :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello! Pretty much new to the forum. I joined because I plan on purchasing a WRX in the very near ...

New member from Utah. Looking to get a WRX. :)

Hello! Pretty much new to the forum. I joined because I plan on purchasing a WRX in the very near future. My current vehicle is a 2002 Honda civic Si (EP3). I think it's time to upgrade to some more power and awd. Plus it will be better for the winters here in Utah. haha

Anyway, onto some questions I had, I know i'm totally noob to the suby world. I've owned nothing but hondas. Your help and knowlege would be greatly appreciated!

My budget is < $15k. I prefer to find a wrx between the years of 04-07. Now, i'll most likely be going with the blobeye cuz there seem to be more of those in my price range. So I'm wondering, what are the disadvantages of going with say an 05 as opposed to an 06? I know that the 06 has a 2.5L which means more torque, i've also heard that the brakes and valve timing on the 06 are better? I just want your opinions on the pros and cons of either the blobeye or the hawkeye wrx. Thanks again! I look forward to spending alot of time on this forum! haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd get the newest car I could provided it was completely stock and the seller is not a "tUneR" type. Search for "boring," plain Jane stock cars maintained with authentic parts and owned by "boring" yet conscientious sellers -- see if you can find something with an existing extended warranty if you're lucky.

The bigger motor is to most people worth the effort, and year by year with few exceptions the car has been improved incrementally.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks for the quick reply! Well, i've been searching around in my area and I found two nice, unmolested WRXs. One is a 2005 sedan and the other is a blue 2007 wagon. Both about the same mileage. The 2007 wagon looks like a great deal w/ a 2.5L, but i was looking for a sedan. However, the wagon is starting to grow on me. I am a bit hesitant tho because i'm wondering if there are any performance downsides to owning a wagon besides the limited tire widths when compared to the sedan? I've read that 225 is the widest tire you can run on a wagon.