auto accident help =[
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on auto accident help =[ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recently got into a crash and i need to get my rad support back and the beam on top ...

auto accident help =[

I recently got into a crash and i need to get my rad support back and the beam on top of it that is bent also, im planning on replacing the whole front clip but im wondering if i am risking anything? if so can someone tell me the run down on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Are the frame rails bent? If it's just the upper and lower support beams (tie bars), these can be removed and replaced rather easily. Cost about $70 each new.

Removing the entire front clip and adding another one involves cutting and welding, and that's a pain in the ass, or costly, which ever route you go, and you risk a LOT when you go that route.

where are the frame rails located? and yes its just the two bars that are on the front and the bay has a slight bend in it also

hydroplane man fron the looks of the pic your goin have to put it in the dealers body shop to be fixed sorry

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah that's going to have to be aligned by a body shop dude. It's either cut and weld a front clip, or get the frame all straightened out by a body shop.

You're going to need a new bumper support and basically an entire front end.

Damn, not quite sure what the best route to go here would be. How was this car not totalled?

it was just a front end hit from someone else, it didnt seem like much at all in the beggining but when we got it off it seemed worse =[ but yea im thinking bout sending to body shop can someone tell me an estimate on how much it would cost me?

if not couldnt i just get a rad support piece and replace it myself or send it to the bodyshop too?

I Support ClubWRX
    That's the thing about accidents, they might not seem so bad at first, but once you start taking things off, it starts to look worse and worse. Your frame needs some work for sure. I'm not certain how much a body shop would charge you, you can ask for an estimate, but they typically need to see the car in order to tell you, and that suckers going to have to be towed.

As for radiator supports, it's going to do you no good to get the ties if the frame around it is mangled.

u think i could send pics to the bodyshop? save me some cash and time lol?

I Support ClubWRX
    That might just help. Ask the guys you talk to if you can send them some pictures, and ask them if they want anything in particular photographed. It'll help them determine what needs to be done, but probably still not a fully accurate estimate.

im sure it will help me if i tell them what i think is wrong with it also i mean what do i got to lose.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.