New In NJ

This is a discussion on New In NJ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all. I literally stepped on my foot and stumbled on your forum. My wife and I just picked up ...

New In NJ

Hello all. I literally stepped on my foot and stumbled on your forum. My wife and I just picked up (not so) twin 2009 Imprezas. Her Impreza premium 5 door in black is the family car, as she was too impatient to wait for a wrx... which I'm waiting on atm. The guys I deal with at the dealer and I tried to track a matching black 5 door wrx for hours. Finally just said F it and settled for a silver one.

A little background; my wife and I have a rotary background (still at heart lol). So she's familiar with the modding life. And for a 4 foot 9 inch'er, she can handle a manual very well. She owned an 1985 Mazda RX7 and I had a 1988 RX7 turbo. We just let go of our s/c Scion tC. So now we have a fresh new stable of Subies.

We did designate hers as the family car. But I'm sure she'll be bringing our daughter around in the WRX more.

I'll revisit this thread and post pics once I pick up the wrx on Wednesday.

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Post pics up ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

You are one lucky dude...

@04.spt.wrx: thanks. i'll post pics as soon as both of them are home. the wrx was a bit more of a headache than I would've liked. but I'm sure I gave them enough of a headache in trying to obtain it. it was one of those rep. cars that they get to drive around, so it has some usage.

@viper: lol i try to tell myself that all the time.

and now... the pics!

took her home today... and it came with a few extra goodies.
    RA mudflaps; Subaru mesh grille; Navi; Short Shift

upskirt

parked next to my friend's STI

so that concludes this set of pics. I'll be taking side-by-side pictures with my wife's ImprezaGT in the morning. I'll try and set something up with the progressive trims (Impreza - WRX - STI) some time next week.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats!, and Wow you got a beautiful WRX!
    I love the color too. Go Silver, My WRX is also silver. \
    Can't wait to see the ImprezaGT! Get the pics coming.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Congrats!! nice to see two more subies in union county :-)
    07 STi

take it from me your probably better off with the silver because you can see EVERY little friggen scatch on the black and it just seems to never get clean after i wash it

@chibi: thanks. I wasn't too sure how I would feel about the silver at first. there weren't many pictures of hatches on here that I could gauge it on. but i'm happy with the choice :-D

@chop: oddly enough, we've always had at least one subie amongst my friends. just so happened that we all rotated from the rotary to subies at the same time this time around lol.

@2w0r0x9: true. all the swirls on the black one drive me nuts. just glad I don't drive it daily.

here's some quick pics from my phone. figured the light was bright enough and it's the only chance these two will be together until the weekend...

Last edited by 13bjunkie; 10-08-2009 at 08:27 PM. Reason: added some pics

looks nice wish i had a driveway full of subies

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    looks nice wish i had a driveway full of subies
    all things considered... i originally was just going to get the impreza outback sport. but my wife's good judgement (and no offense by it), she disliked the two-tone.

and for the the headaches it took to get my wrx, the joy i'm currently in with owning it outweighs that.

and now I'm at a loss as far as mods. everything I wanted to do initially already came with it (grille, mud guards, short shifter). and i just figured out why my car sounds the way it does. it came with an spt cat-back.