Considering an 09 or 10 WRX from Evo X.. will I be disappointed?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Considering an 09 or 10 WRX from Evo X.. will I be disappointed? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok guys so here's my situation, and i'd like some unbiased opinions. I bought my 08 Evo X about 6-8 ...

Considering an 09 or 10 WRX from Evo X.. will I be disappointed?

Ok guys so here's my situation, and i'd like some unbiased opinions. I bought my 08 Evo X about 6-8 months ago. I got married 2 weeks ago and my new wife and I want to build a house. My current payments on the Evo are 516.00 a month + 75.00 for insurance BUT it's 0% interest. My problem now however is that 516.00 is just to much when it comes to a house payment and all the other stuff that goes along with it.

My options: I owe 26,9 on my Evo after I pay this months payment, so I was considering paying the normal payment for another 6 months which leaves me with about 24,000. I would then refinance for 84 months at 5.99% and it would make my payment around 351.00 a month... much better payment... when I have a good month i'll pay more and pay it off faster than 84 months, but it will only be 351.00 if I can only make the minimum.

The flipside.... I have an offer from a local dealership to give me 25000-26000.00 on a trade on an 09 WRX which is just a basic model... no premium model or anything. I can finance that for 84 months @ 5.74% and get a payment of 364.11, although I don't know what my insurance would be... supposedly the WRX is on the list of most expensive cars to insure, but I am 31 and married so I wouldn't think it would be anymore than the Evo.

My question... I have never even driven a WRX and might hate it when/if I test drive it, but will I be disappointed when it comes to the performance of the Evo? I don't drive it hard, but I like the fact that I can just throw the car into a turn let the tires slide a little and let the car do all the work. I like the look of the WRX though, possibly even more than the X. I also like how the Evo responds well to mods.

I have a price of 22,999 before tax and tags on the WRX, I thought of offering the dealer 25000 otd with my trade because I know they can go lower than 23k since that was their first offer.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys... might be one of you soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just got a 2009 WRX 5 door today.
    I drove the Evo (2009) and it is so fast right of the line.
    I have a BMW M Coupe and the turbo rush of the EVO is pretty awsome.

I am downgrading too from the BMW due to daughter and house addition.
    The WRX is probably a better daily driver than the EVO.
    The EVO trunk was so small but the interior from what I remember a bit better.

THe WRX I bought had added on wheels and some other accessories and went from the $29K (premium package) to $32K.

I got the car for $25.5 +TTL.
    If you dont track your car I'd say the WRX is a good compromise.

Good luck on your choice.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i've driven both an 09 wrx & an 08 evo.

i have to admit that i do like the evo more overall, however:

the wrx is a more comfortable car and it still has a good amount of power (& in my opinion, even felt better than the 08+ sti's)

with some basic mods and a tune with the wrx (& depending on what type of dyno you're using to get your numbers) you will be very close, if not a little above the 300whp range.

at the end of the day, my review means absolutely nothing though. go test drive it & see if you even like the car first. :P

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewinLA View Post
    I drove the Evo (2009)
    they didnt make any evo's in 2009

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i've driven both an 09 wrx & an 08 evo.

i have to admit that i do like the evo more overall, however:

the wrx is a more comfortable car and it still has a good amount of power (& in my opinion, even felt better than the 08+ sti's)

with some basic mods and a tune with the wrx (& depending on what type of dyno you're using to get your numbers) you will be very close, if not a little above the 300whp range.

at the end of the day, my review means absolutely nothing though. go test drive it & see if you even like the car first. :P
    I'm sure I will most likely like it, i'm more wondering if I should just keep what I have and deal with making the payments for another 6 months and then having to pay interest, or pay less interest overall... I will probably call and check with my insurance company and see if there is a big difference in price. I'd love to keep the Evo, but i'm very curious about the new WRX... and even more curious about when they come out with the next sedan version of the STI.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewinLA View Post
    I just got a 2009 WRX 5 door today.
    I drove the Evo (2009) and it is so fast right of the line.
    I have a BMW M Coupe and the turbo rush of the EVO is pretty awsome.

I am downgrading too from the BMW due to daughter and house addition.
    The WRX is probably a better daily driver than the EVO.
    The EVO trunk was so small but the interior from what I remember a bit better.

THe WRX I bought had added on wheels and some other accessories and went from the $29K (premium package) to $32K.

I got the car for $25.5 +TTL.
    If you dont track your car I'd say the WRX is a good compromise.

Good luck on your choice.
    I can't believe the interior was better in the Evo.. I love my car but man the interior inside of it is just cheap plastic.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.