Hello everyone. I am new to this website and am the proud new owner of a 2009 WRX premium. I have always liked the styling of the WRX and had always wanted to own one. I did a lot of looking around and reading reviews before the big purchase. All the reviews said the changes from 2008 to 2009 were massive and raved about the car. That's when I knew 2009 would be the year I bought my WRX. Getting 0% financing also doesn't hurt. But I have a couple questions and commets on what I have noticed so far, even though it's only been 2 days. Don't read too much into these comments, I am very happy with my purchase and love my new car.
- I purchased the premium package mainly for the sunroof and radio. Let me tell you I am very disappointed in the premium radio. The sound quality is very low. It is advertised as a 10 speaker system but I only count 6 speakers. 1 in each door (front and back) and 1 tweaker in each front door by the side mirrors. That's 6. Where are the other 4? I am happy with the sunroof and like the look of the fog lights. I was also pleasantly surprised about the heated seats and mirrors when I got into my car this cold morning.
- I love the way the car rides and handles. Since I only have about 150 miles on it, I have been taking it easy accelerating, but can tell this car just wants to be driven fast. I hope this will be my daily driver for a long time. I do not play on doing many modifications but am open to suggestions.
- This is not the first turbo car I have owned. Years ago I drove a 88 Ford Turbo Coupe. One thing I miss from that car that I was surprised to see this car does not have is a boost gauge. I know they can be added as after market but I think they look kinda tacky on the steering column. Does any one recommend these? or have a better idea of where they can be mounted?
- I was also surprised with how long the throws are on the stock shifter. I have never owned a car with a short throw shifter. What are the pros and cons to these? It seems the dealer option for one is very reasonable. Is this something I should look into.
- The saleman told me to never turn off the car as soon as I pull in a parking spot. Instead he said to sit in it for 30 seconds to let the turbo cool. Does anyone know if this is accurate?
- The recommended oil change is every 7500 miles. This seems like alot to me. How does everyone else feel about this?
- I passed a 2005 blue WRX this morning on my way to work. The guy looked over at me and gave me the little hand wave. That's when I knew I had bought the right car for me.