just rolled off the lot... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on just rolled off the lot... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by lordcon You don't take "spirited" trips to the grocery store? Gas is too expensive for that :P ...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    You don't take "spirited" trips to the grocery store?
    Gas is too expensive for that :P lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does anyone know how to make that annoying seatbeat buzzer stop? I always wear my seat belt but that thing comes on as soon as you start up the car. uggg!

Quote Originally Posted by 09 ScoobyDoo View Post
    Does anyone know how to make that annoying seatbeat buzzer stop? I always wear my seat belt but that thing comes on as soon as you start up the car. uggg!
    In 05 it beeps only 6 times. By the time it's done, I know the fuel pump is primed and then I start the engine. Does it beep longer then 6 times in 2009?
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

congrats- i have the same car and loooove it

all-weather mats are def the way to go..

I haven't been too upset w/ the sound system...have you put it on the 'surround' setting? Sounds a lot better if you have it on...the 10-speaker claim is BS- Subaru is actually counting the tweeters in the door speakers as 4 sep speakers...either way I don't think the sound is all that bad but of course I'm not used to having a premium system...

and yes- the wave- also a great aspect of being a subaru owner...although I only wave to other wrx owners..

Maybe they meant 6 speakers in the car, the also 4-boxer cylinders?

Quote Originally Posted by LI_Will View Post
    all-weather mats are def the way to go....
    I just ordered them today from the dealer. He said about $65. Not too bad. They should be in next week.

Quote Originally Posted by WagonGuy View Post

- boost gauge: you could easly add one to your steering wheel by mounting it in an after market steering wheel gauge pod. I personally like how it looks and will install one (the pod) soon.
    - What can I expect to spend on a boost gauge, mounting kit, and wiring?
    - How easy are they to install? Is that something I should pay to have done?
    - How about the brand? Does anyone recommend the STI one in the Subaru catalog or maybe another after market brand?

- What can I expect to spend on a boost gauge, mounting kit, and wiring?
    - How easy are they to install? Is that something I should pay to have done?
    - How about the brand? Does anyone recommend the STI one in the Subaru catalog or maybe another after market brand?
    All-you-can-eat: gauges!
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Seatbelt Chime Disable info here -

Seatbelt Chime Disable

Make sure you check out 3GWrx.com .. TONS of 08/09' specific information!!!

Hello everyone. I am new to this website and am the proud new owner of a 2009 WRX premium.
    Congratulations! I also bought an 09 wrx and love it to death.

- I purchased the premium package mainly for the sunroof and radio. Let me tell you I am very disappointed in the premium radio. The sound quality is very low. It is advertised as a 10 speaker system but I only count 6 speakers. 1 in each door (front and back) and 1 tweaker in each front door by the side mirrors. That's 6. Where are the other 4? I am happy with the sunroof and like the look of the fog lights. I was also pleasantly surprised about the heated seats and mirrors when I got into my car this cold morning.
    I bought the base, not the premium, as I didn't want to spend the extra dough for the sunroof, stereo, heated seats, etc.

I have heard others talk about the subaru subwoofer you can get (not sure if the premiums come with this or not), and how it sounds MUCH better after fiddling with some of the dials on the woofer itself (which is usually mounted under the driver's seat IIRC).

- I love the way the car rides and handles. Since I only have about 150 miles on it, I have been taking it easy accelerating, but can tell this car just wants to be driven fast. I hope this will be my daily driver for a long time. I do not play on doing many modifications but am open to suggestions.
    Here's my list of '09 wrx mods, in no particular order:

1) SPT catback exhaust (love it to death--sounds awesome)

2) SPT sport grill (looks so much nicer than default IMO)

3) SPT turbo heat shield (not sure how much this really helps, but it looks nice so I figured what the hell :-)

4) STI short shifter, STI shifter bushing, momo shift knob (this combo is a HUGE improvement over stock--that said, this is my first manual transmission vehicle so I don't have much experience to compare against). Shifts are quick and crisp IMO, so I'm happy.

5) SPT front strut tower brace

6) SPT under chassis brace (combined with the strut tower brace the car seems to corner like it is on rails :-)

7) All-weather floor mats (much better than carpet mats, but have to admit I've only had them for a few months and my right heel is already making its way through the mat--maybe this is due to the weight of my lead foot...?)

8) SPT billet aluminum battery hold down and oil cap (after installing these my battery hardly moves at all ;-) Seriously though, these look nice but I have to ask myself what I was thinking when I spent money on them. What's next, the subura pocket knife!? Sheesh...

9) Rally Armor Urethane mudflaps, all 4 tires (after 6 months and 18,000 miles on the car these have kept the sides of my car in pristine condition. The hood, on the other hand, is all chipped to hell. Does anyone know if Rally Armor makes a big mudflap I can lay over my hood?

There are a few more appearance mods, but none that I can really recommend as must-have (unlike the mods above, which are really nice to have IMO).

I'm seriously considering going with the Cobb AccessPort, downpipe, and tune (stage 2) next spring--for now I'm still getting used to the power this thing has with the stock map :-)

- This is not the first turbo car I have owned. Years ago I drove a 88 Ford Turbo Coupe. One thing I miss from that car that I was surprised to see this car does not have is a boost gauge. I know they can be added as after market but I think they look kinda tacky on the steering column. Does any one recommend these? or have a better idea of where they can be mounted?
    No recommendations, though I will admit I've already ordered the SPT boost gauge and plan on installing that real soon. I've heard the needle bounces over some bumps, and it only goes to 20 PSI (sufficient for stage 2), but I threw caution to the wind and figured what the heck. I'll post info on pros/cons when I get mine installed.

- I was also surprised with how long the throws are on the stock shifter. I have never owned a car with a short throw shifter. What are the pros and cons to these? It seems the dealer option for one is very reasonable. Is this something I should look into.
    Again, I don't have much to compare against, but I have the STI short shifter, STI bushing, and momo shift knob and love the feel of shifts with this combo. Others will likely recommend something by cobb or kartboy--I have no experience with products from either (yet :-)

- The saleman told me to never turn off the car as soon as I pull in a parking spot. Instead he said to sit in it for 30 seconds to let the turbo cool. Does anyone know if this is accurate?
    When it comes to my car I'm rather anal. Combined with my general tendency to be OCD, I've always let the car idle for at least a minute after really beating on it (which is basically every time I get in it).

Since I also like to keep my baby looking better than just off the showroom floor (I go crazy with detailing--but that's a whole other subject), I usually let the car cool down for a minute or two while quickly (yet carefully) hitting every panel with a bit of quick detailer--either Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer or Pinnacle Crystal Mist and a couple microfiber cloths. The entire car can be done, for real, in just a few minutes. By then the car should be sufficiently cooled down, and is ready to rock and roll the next time I'm ready to get crazy.

On sunny days in which quick detailing isn't even necessary, I generally do the windows (Rain-X + microfiber) instead.

- The recommended oil change is every 7500 miles. This seems like alot to me. How does everyone else feel about this?
    Again, I'm a bit OCD, but by 7,500 miles I had changed the oil at least 4 times. After 18,000 miles I change the oil every 2,500 miles or so (3,000 at the most).

I also did my 30,000 service at 15,000 miles, going with Subaru Extra-S (which I had to order in a big stupid drum) in the transmission and front/rear diff. Shifting seemed smoother afterwards and to this day, but maybe that's just in my head (have to justify having this big drum of oil in my apartment somehow, not to mention the mess I made after convincing myself that I could transfer gear oil from the drum into some portable containers without forking over just a few extra bucks on a drum pump...)

- I passed a 2005 blue WRX this morning on my way to work. The guy looked over at me and gave me the little hand wave. That's when I knew I had bought the right car for me.
    Yeah, I dig the whole waving bit, too. Subaru love, baby.

-Rick

I just ordered them today from the dealer. He said about $65. Not too bad. They should be in next week.
    Check this place out too if you buy more things that are genuine parts. SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better!

Quote Originally Posted by black09wrx View Post

I bought the base, not the premium, as I didn't want to spend the extra dough for the sunroof, stereo, heated seats, etc.

I have heard others talk about the subaru subwoofer you can get (not sure if the premiums come with this or not), and how it sounds MUCH better after fiddling with some of the dials on the woofer itself (which is usually mounted under the driver's seat IIRC).

I was very torn between the Premium and base model. I choose the Premium because I wanted to be happy with this car for a long time and keep it as my daily driver for years to come. I do like the added features.

Does anyone else know much about this added subwoofer that goes under the seat? Is there already wiring pulled for it? If not I am assuming there is a spot for the sub wire already on the back of the stock radio. From what I can find online it cost about $315. Not sure if that is worth it to me. With heated seat do you think that could cause any conflicts?

9) Rally Armor Urethane mudflaps, all 4 tires (after 6 months and 18,000 miles on the car these have kept the sides of my car in pristine condition. The hood, on the other hand, is all chipped to hell. Does anyone know if Rally Armor makes a big mudflap I can lay over my hood?

-Rick
    Check out this link for a clear hood bra. I have never seen one in person but it has been recommended to me. I am thinking of either getting this or one of those black plastic hood protectors that just clip over the front of the hood, not sure how good it would look though. Atleast it would be the same color as my car. I guess I would also get the matching one for the sunroof.

3M Protective Film Clear Bra Test - Automotive Articles .com Magazine

No recommendations, though I will admit I've already ordered the SPT boost gauge and plan on installing that real soon. I've heard the needle bounces over some bumps, and it only goes to 20 PSI (sufficient for stage 2), but I threw caution to the wind and figured what the heck. I'll post info on pros/cons when I get mine installed.

-Rick
    I really want to get a boost gauge but I do not really want one that mounts on the dash or stearing column. I really like the stealth mood and want to keep this car looking stock. (Thats the only reason I am against the sports grill, side panels, and exhaust...for now). I was hoping someone made a flat boost gauge that could be mounted just infront of the stock guages. I think I will have to do a lot of searching to find what I am looking for. If it even exists.

3) SPT turbo heat shield (not sure how much this really helps, but it looks nice so I figured what the hell :-)
    Does anyone know how much these help? I found them online for $60. Not too bad at all. But do they really cut down on heat like they say they do? How was the install on these?

8) SPT billet aluminum battery hold down and oil cap (after installing these my battery hardly moves at all ;-) Seriously though, these look nice but I have to ask myself what I was thinking when I spent money on them. What's next, the subura pocket knife!? Sheesh...
    just curious how much these cost? I was considering them too.

oh and does anyone have/recommend the arm rest extender ($115)

I've seen people love and hate the armrest extender. I personally can't live without it... but I know other people hit their arm on it when they shift. I'm 6'1" and have no problems with this. It is also a very simple installation.

If you are interested in clearbra, VentureShield is the best and has a lifetime warranty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast