Oil changes?!?

This is a discussion on Oil changes?!? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys need some insight. I got my suby a couple months ago so this is the first time Im ...

Arrow Oil changes?!?

Hey guys need some insight. I got my suby a couple months ago so this is the first time Im gonna change the oil in it. Im gonna use synthetic oil but what would be the best oil and oil filter for the 07 wrx with stg 1 setup? Ive asked a few people around town who know subys but each has something different to say, so thought I try here, so what do ya think??? Valvoline, Halvoline??? OEM filter, subaru filter??? Does it even matter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    According to a TSB, which one eludes me, Subaru only supports I think G4 rated synthetic motor oils. Some one would have to verify G4, but none the less Mobil 1 is your ticket. Might I suggest an OEM filter and ring though. No after markets.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    My last few (10ish or so) oil changes have either been Valvoline SynPower or Castrol GTX.

I would not recommend Mobil 1 5w30 and any weight Royal Purple.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by salty07wrx View Post
    Does it even matter?
    No, not to me. If it matters to you then use the authentic Subaru filter and check the TSB for the correct grade of oil to use, then buy whatever oil you prefer that matches that grade.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, it killed me to go get this... I need a beer and a shower now... I went to NASTY-SOCKS and got the article. I'm not happy about it,

Any way I hope this helps.

IMPORTANT: Information on Subaru Motor Oil - NASIOC
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

The oil is very important in turbo charged cars, Mobil 1 is not good for the wrx/sti's so don't get that. I like AmsOil. and the K&N filters do the trick for me.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->