Help with first upgrade/mod?!!?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help with first upgrade/mod?!!? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey i just bought my wrx back in the middle of july, and i love it to death. blast college ...

Help with first upgrade/mod?!!?

hey i just bought my wrx back in the middle of july, and i love it to death. blast college and the location that there are no local car washes... well anyway i was wondering if anybody could help me decide on what the best upgrade for the money would be? I have an injen coldair intake that came w/ the car and the previous owner also put on a stabilizer bar. i was looking into a possible turbo back exhaust? or perhaps a chip of some kind? I am totally new to this forum, or any forum for that matter, and know very little about cars but am trying to learn as much as possible...please helpp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Cobb AccessPORT is your friend. Look in the personal for sale you can get good ones used.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    1) remove injen intake

2) you never mentioned what year your wrx is.

if its 02-05 you can get a turboback exhaust, catless uppipe & a tune.

if it's an 06+ you can get a turboback exhaust & a tune

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Its a 2002, so do the TBE, catless UP, and a tune (as Dez said). that will do the most performance wise for you.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Get rid of the Injen intake. You are running lean with it on without being tuned for it.

well let me ask...how much would these mods cost me? i mean, i have a 2002 so i guess i can go with the TBE and a catless up, but i mean, how much would this cost me as far as parts and labor plus a tune? and would you guys recommend getting an access port? bc i read an access port plus a TBE could yield 225 whp roughly

(fyi im on a college budget and wont have much income thats why budget is key here haha) but i love the feedback! this forum kicks ass! (i started after a friend gave me a decal for my tinted window and it started looking more badass (to me) ha )

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    buy the exhaust & uppipe used & get an opensource tune. get someone to trade your intake for their stock one (free option!)

all in all it could cost anywhere between 250ish to 400-500 depending on how much a tuner in your area charges.

as far as labor- i personally would never pay anyone to work on my car. everything is done for free in my garage. if you dont have a garage or tools, post in your regional section. i'm sure someone around you has a subaru & can help you out (in exchange for beer probably )

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    A used version 1 AP would be pretty cheap if you can locate it. There are countless pipes that fit every budget. You can get major name brands used in the personal for sale forums or on ebay, or you can get brand new "ebay" exhausts for next to nothing. The later, with varying results. I personally haven't had any issues with the ebay stuff, but I know others have said they did.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by azwrx06 View Post
    a used version 1 ap would be pretty cheap if you can locate it.
    nasioc
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.