1st time subie owner ('09 WRX sedan)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 1st time subie owner ('09 WRX sedan) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I was just lurking around the newb section to see how well you guys take to first time ...

1st time subie owner ('09 WRX sedan)

Hey guys,

I was just lurking around the newb section to see how well you guys take to first time subie owners. I have to admit I am a lil nervous about typing this introduction. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

No mods planned in the near future. I want to enjoy the car for what it is. It's my first turbo awd car ever and I look forward to many many fun miles with her. Later!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome to the club! She looks pretty.
    Last edited by WRXie; 09-27-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: wasn't paying attention
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

I Support ClubWRX
    I really like the gray and I like the sticking on the new seats too. Nice car. Enjoy.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXie View Post
    Welcome to the club! She looks pretty. Not a lot of white ones out there.
    am i color blind? this car looks gray too mee

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    no lawl, its not white
    -Stink-Eye Mob #13 -

2008 WRBlue WRX (sold)
    2013 ISM WRX 5dr

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    Nope. That was my bad. I was shuffling between two diff posts and I forgot which one I was replying to.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Thanks everyone!

Pearl white is a very nice color and I have yet to see one here in my area. Not too many 08+ wrx's in the s.e. MI area. I actually see more newer sti's than my car roamin around...

I want to mention that a lot of the Subaru enthusiasts I've met have been really cool and sociable. I let them know I am a total newb and ask them a ton of questions about my car and wrxs in general. I've learned quite a bit from them.

Nice, Welcome.

check out misubie.com for a more local forum. It was very rare for me to see an impreza period while living in michigan. Maybe 2-3 a week max.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

jeffmm

Im already registered on that site and visit it regularly.

When I was first looking at the new Subarus the first one to strike me was a premium 2.5i sedan. I didn't really like the rear end of it though, so when I went to get a wrx (without even test driving one first. ) I opted for the hatch.

Now that I've been seeing the wrx sedans on the forum, the wing makes it look A LOT better. I still prefer the hatch, but the sedan is fun to look at too. Good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXie View Post
    Nope. That was my bad. I was shuffling between two diff posts and I forgot which one I was replying to.
    first sign of addiction.

Nervous about posting the intro? come on MIwrx265 we're nice ppl here lol. great looking car, enjoy.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Buck: Yea I can see that. Thanks everyone, glad you like the car.

I wouldn't mind a wagon but the wife hated it. Gotta make the wife happy and I think the sedan has a nice sleeper look to it. Not as aggresive as the previous generation. No fender flares really tones down the exterior. It just screams sleeper.

I changed my mind. I do have one mod in mind. Driver mod. Anybody have any leads on how to tune the driver to launch better 60' and trap lower E.T.s Goal is to hit high 13s in this car stock. Is this too optimistic?

Quote Originally Posted by MIwrx265 View Post

I wouldn't mind a wagon but the wife hated it. Gotta make the wife happy and I think the sedan has a nice sleeper look to it. Not as aggresive as the previous generation. No fender flares really tones down the exterior. It just screams sleeper.

I changed my mind. I do have one mod in mind. Driver mod. Anybody have any leads on how to tune the driver to launch better 60' and trap lower E.T.s Goal is to hit high 13s in this car stock. Is this too optimistic?
    no thats not too optimistic, some people hit the lower 13's in the stock 09s.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by MIwrx265 View Post

First off.. welcome and congrats on your first suby. We have an 08 WRX 4-door. I always wanted the hatch but it was the wife's decision and she wanted the sedan... now she wishes we got the hatch like i suggested since the beginning. I love the sedan but the hatch would be more useful
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ05 View Post
    First off.. welcome and congrats on your first suby. We have an 08 WRX 4-door. I always wanted the hatch but it was the wife's decision and she wanted the sedan... now she wishes we got the hatch like i suggested since the beginning. I love the sedan but the hatch would be more useful
    I noticed your mod list. Really interesting that you didn't get an aftermarket cbe with your stage 2. Im considering keeping my stock cbe and upgrade both the dp and tune. Should still be a stage 2, right?

Buck: I tried seaching for 1/4 mile times for stock '09 wrx with no luck. Any links you could share would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.