Just bought an 07 WRX Chicago

This is a discussion on Just bought an 07 WRX Chicago within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello! Anyone in Chicagoland (I live in Old Town / Gold Coast area) have a recommendation on a good place ...

Just bought an 07 WRX Chicago

Hello!

Anyone in Chicagoland (I live in Old Town / Gold Coast area) have a recommendation on a good place to get 30k recommended service (i dont like dealer$hip$)?

THanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pics?

Hey, welcome!

Do the 30K service yourself. I just did it last weekend, and the only thing left this weekend is a coolant replacement and break fluid replacement, which I will probably do in Spring '10 when replacing the brake pads.

30K list:
    -oil change
    -oil filter change
    -air filter change (inspection if K&N)
    -wheels rotation
    -transmission fluid inspection
    -rear axle fluid inspection
    -coolant replacement
    -brake fluid replacement

I'd definitely consider doing it myself if I had a good spot to work on my car- space is a little tight around here (parking spaces are $215+/month). I also don't have my lift ramps with me....this is going to be an ongoing problem. I'm thinking this work should be pretty simple (cheap) for a mechanic to do fairly quickly.

congrats, and it always helps to do it yourself. mechanics are thieves.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by cocojojo View Post
    I'd definitely consider doing it myself if I had a good spot to work on my car- space is a little tight around here (parking spaces are $215+/month). I also don't have my lift ramps with me....this is going to be an ongoing problem. I'm thinking this work should be pretty simple (cheap) for a mechanic to do fairly quickly.
    Here's a link to a maintenance schedule. As you will see from it transmission and rear axle fluids require inspection only. If the level is correct and both fluids appear clean then there's no reason to change them as they are synthetic oils able to withstand many thousands of miles of use. That will also save you some cash as well.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/895296/pe...aintenance.pdf

So basically I can just replace coolant/brake fluid and rotate my tires during my next oil change and I should be good...

o yeah and air filter ∆